Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put this on CT, but realized some members here don't go there:

Got a call yesterday from a regular customer.

Said there's water dripping steady in his basement, wall's falling apart at the ceiling on the first floor with mold starting to show.

I get there and notice both baths in the midst of a remodel, one is a newly added bath.
Untaped drywall, stubs out for plumbing...naturally I get a lil' bad taste in my mouth, they're regulars...never even called me to bid the job.

The story, apparently he told them he takes care of the plumbing at a substantially lower price than they could get on their own, he insisted that it's the way he contracts as a "GC".

He told them it was legal.

the upstairs condo owner asked if he could install an ice maker line while he was there, he did.
The leak was a 1/2" tee branching to the line in the ceiling, to his credit he didn't use a tapped HD fitting, but in this case he'd have been better off.
The ceiling had been redone after he'd opened it to add the line, the walls weren't part of any of the work, they were in good shape before.

Just after he got done hanging rock, they discover he got bagged with an illegal alien and doing unlicensed work on another job from an aquaintance after trying to call him for over a month.

He's all done, along with two thirds of the payments he'd gotten from them.

No vents for either bathroom, they live on the first floor condo so the walls will have to opened upstairs to run them, no permits pulled, and now...no "GC"....naturally he isn't returning calls.

I have to call them later tonight to explain the job has to be redone, almost completely.

The pics tell it all, any 6 month apprentice knows why the leak happened on seeing this.

Attachments

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
That was no plumber that did that.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Just down right - DISTURBING!:furious:

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 6 of 6 Posts