1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Drain call I did 8:30am this morning.

Fellow posts his opinion afterwards,

numerous 'like' the post

2 customers mentioned they've used or really liked our service.

A huge thank you to Dunbar Plumbing for saving the day at my shop. Ever need any plumbing done, give them a call.

9 hours ago near Walton ·
  • 5 people like this.

• I used Dunbar Plumbing myself last evening too! 9 hours ago ·

• He said that David. Also said you are the man when it comes to mobile communications. 9 hours ago ·

• Steve Dunbar has helped us out of two jams before. He is awesome! 12 minutes ago ·

The person who posted this has 868 friends in facebook, and now that facebook shares everything with everybody, those who interacted with the posting ALSO have the chance to see the thread's content.

There might or might not be more responses but this stayed at the top of the wall of his feed all day.

Fellow knows a ton of people, and I cut him a good price today for this job.

This is where social media turns the truck into the driveways to make money.

Of course,

I didn't interact on this post... not to taint it.

You get enough of these interactions going and the repeater of 'solid and trustworthy' and it rolls from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do you get these kinds of interactions often? Or is this a pretty rare occurrence? How do you get people to like your Facebook page? I haven't had anything near as positive as this happen on my Facebook page, but I'd like to.

Thanks.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you get these kinds of interactions often? Or is this a pretty rare occurrence? How do you get people to like your Facebook page? I haven't had anything near as positive as this happen on my Facebook page, but I'd like to.

Thanks.

Constantly.

Yesterday, I worked for a customer that added me as a friend through my plumbing company, then joined my fan page, then gave a recommendation.

That is gold without the gold bar.

There's two others that I'm waiting for a recommendation as well. At least I've asked them.

Here's another way how facebook works:

I saw a lot of people attending this festival, so I inquired through their facebook fan page.

That led to us setting up for free (for exposure reasons) which I had no problem doing.

I created a decent video as a result of being there.

Two days ago, they put that video on the front page of their site.

http://www.browngrassfestival.com/index.html

That's cross marketing. I created a video that now sits on a website for a year that will gain views, people will see my misting fans no matter what.

If I wanted to, I could put annotations on there but I'd rather not.

It's a beautiful thing to see what has taken years to blossom, but it's a lot of work, no way around it.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
How valuable is a 'like?'

Coca Cola has a lot, BUT, has a link been made with increased sales? Many cos. will give away freebies or coupons to 'like' a page and become a 'fan.' I have been guilty of 'liking' to get what I wanted and never went back.

In the statistics you posted, I noticed that the numbers went up and then dropped back down. I can see how it works for the misting fans, since it is something that is unique and many do not know it exists. Someone sees it in action, and BAM, you get a call. Since it is a niche market, little chance of them googling the term and finding a competitor.

Have you ever considered that it could backfire? Someone else sees it, has lots of capital to invest, and runs with your concept. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I still don't see it offering a ton of value in residential plumbing service.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How valuable is a 'like?'

Coca Cola has a lot, BUT, has a link been made with increased sales? Many cos. will give away freebies or coupons to 'like' a page and become a 'fan.' I have been guilty of 'liking' to get what I wanted and never went back.

In the statistics you posted, I noticed that the numbers went up and then dropped back down. I can see how it works for the misting fans, since it is something that is unique and many do not know it exists. Someone sees it in action, and BAM, you get a call. Since it is a niche market, little chance of them googling the term and finding a competitor.

Have you ever considered that it could backfire? Someone else sees it, has lots of capital to invest, and runs with your concept. Just curious as to your thoughts.

I still don't see it offering a ton of value in residential plumbing service.

Let's say I have a storefront.

Only people that see it, ones that pass by it. That's when you get that customer that's shocked that's in your back yard and you tell them you've been in business for years.

Ever seen/smelled/taste something that led to a purchase? Of course you have, that's marketing. You see a food, drink that you've had before... you can taste and smell it before you got it in front of you to consume... same as food.

I'll have 10 years invested in this fan company before I can get people to associate hot weather with cool misting fans. First guy that brings an idea that survives usually is the sacrificial lamb.

Even though we know mcdonald's exist, coca cola and pepsi... they constantly drumroll their product into our heads. Timing? Usually around well publicized events, constantly. They gear into the entertainment industry constantly.

People who watch that video, those who watch it to the end will see the fans.

Will the majority call? No. But remember that I just got many people to watch a video hosted by a plumbing company, which has not a thing to do about plumbing.

"Some" will join a channel if it's worthy. Mine right now isn't that good, I'll admit but I'm not going around adding users on youtube. People cheat their way to subscribers that way.

At year 5, I welcome competition at this point. I'd love to run the rails with someone elses advertising budget. They'll soon find out how hard it is to break through, create a market for a product that's never existed before.

Every single email I send, always shows the plumbing company.

A vendor that remembered me from years ago... remembered that I was a plumber.

He knew my misting fan company name, went to google, found the site, sure enough; clicked the banner to the plumbing site.

That was sunday, a $470.00 take for a tub/shower replacement.

That's how it works... cross marketing, get found in unlikely places, tie your company name to anything and everything you can. That's why I create all these videos on youtube through 9 channels... I keep rotating the name so by accident, there's that plumber again.

I've been doing this for years so it's paying dividends by my phone ringing without any advertising spent through publication or other sites.

I work when people sleep and I work when people work.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
A quick search of "plumbers in INDEPENDENCE KENTUCKY" will show that out of the top 5 listings, you're the only one with a website, excluding Vitech, a supplier of sorts.

The number 5 spot is "Hensley Mike Plumbg Inc".

Your market isn't typical. In my market, a semi-rural, hillbillie-nightmare-on-the-border county, you guys would be lunch.

Don't get me wrong. The internet is great for marketing, but the guy here who has a major FB presence (among others) has wive and daughter-in-laws to keep them up.

The next levels up have pros maintain the social media.

The other 90% of us have a hard time keeping up with the current ****. No time or patience for social media.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A quick search of "plumbers in INDEPENDENCE KENTUCKY"

Uhh... no.

I've got bigger keywords than that, and I would never concentrate what's in my back yard. That I've accomplished already.

I run with the keywords that grab 5 counties in specific area.

There's not enough work for me in my hometown, but expanding outward, I do.

There's far more to this story. I know many of you 'don't get it' but that's good. That's how I'm making money.

My longest video (11 minutes) has 128 views on youtube. That is impressive for my first/longest video.

Timing (spring) was right for doing a outdoor faucet video.

5 years from now when that video has thousands of views and becomes a turnbuckle that leads to a phone call and "I saw your video on youtube- I'd like you to come out-" design

while my competition is laying 100's of dollars into someone elses pockets...

it's a beautiful thing to plant the seeds and watch this social media tool employ itself.

Got 2 recommendations this week on my facebook fan page. Where do you think people easily go to these days... BBB website or the casual fan page on facebook, where my icon now shows up on not 100's but 1000's of computers at any given time.

I'm on Pinterest as well. Go where everyone is at, the results follow. http://www.facebook.com/NorthernKentuckyPlumbers?sk=wall

·
Registered
556 Posts
DUNBAR PLUMBING said:
Uhh... no.

I've got bigger keywords than that, and I would never concentrate what's in my back yard. That I've accomplished already.

I run with the keywords that grab 5 counties in specific area.

There's not enough work for me in my hometown, but expanding outward, I do.

There's far more to this story. I know many of you 'don't get it' but that's good. That's how I'm making money.

My longest video (11 minutes) has 128 views on youtube. That is impressive for my first/longest video.

Timing (spring) was right for doing a outdoor faucet video.

5 years from now when that video has thousands of views and becomes a turnbuckle that leads to a phone call and "I saw your video on youtube- I'd like you to come out-" design

while my competition is laying 100's of dollars into someone elses pockets...

it's a beautiful thing to plant the seeds and watch this social media tool employ itself.

Got 2 recommendations this week on my facebook fan page. Where do you think people easily go to these days... BBB website or the casual fan page on facebook, where my icon now shows up on not 100's but 1000's of computers at any given time.

I'm on Pinterest as well. Go where everyone is at, the results follow. http://www.facebook.com/NorthernKentuckyPlumbers?sk=wall
What are yooking for a pat on the back or for someone to say they are impressed?
If your sucsessful good for you, but dont expect anyone to pat you on the back.
That was one of the first things i learned in this business. Your never going to impress anyone and nobody really cares.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
What are yooking for a pat on the back or for someone to say they are impressed?
That was one of the first things i learned in this business. Your never going to impress anyone and nobody really cares.
Not so true. I'd pat any competitor on the back to pick their pocket.

There's a few competitors who I'd pay to be in their inner circle (not really pay). These are men who have big, successful companies they started from their garage. Some reason or another, they don't post here.

Dunbar---yeah okay. We all are trying to survive.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

You're really giving me credit where credit isn't due. I was told that by posting here I could get free poppyseed muffins daily, don't know what they told you. :laughing:

Not so true. I'd pat any competitor on the back to pick their pocket.

There's a few competitors who I'd pay to be in their inner circle (not really pay). These are men who have big, successful companies they started from their garage. Some reason or another, they don't post here.

Dunbar---yeah okay. We all are trying to survive.

Most people that discount/discredit good solid advice about SEO, social media, any type of effort that puts their company name out there for the general public to see is those who are lazy or simply don't understand.

There are many that take this information as very solid advice. It's paying my bills.

NYC Plumber - Do you think if you choke on your lunch today and found dead,

do you think I really care. That's what you think, when you imply that I write for others here for impressing anyone. I impress by just surviving like the above poster mentioned.

They just don't focus that putting "big companies" on a pedestal is the only true advice.

Carry on...

·
Registered
556 Posts
DUNBAR PLUMBING said:
You're really giving me credit where credit isn't due. I was told that by posting here I could get free poppyseed muffins daily, don't know what they told you. :laughing:

Most people that discount/discredit good solid advice about SEO, social media, any type of effort that puts their company name out there for the general public to see is those who are lazy or simply don't understand.

There are many that take this information as very solid advice. It's paying my bills.

NYC Plumber - Do you think if you choke on your lunch today and found dead,

do you think I really care. That's what you think, when you imply that I write for others here for impressing anyone. I impress by just surviving like the above poster mentioned.

They just don't focus that putting "big companies" on a pedestal is the only true advice.

Carry on...
Wow did i hit a nerve?? Don't worry i definitely was not giving you any credit, but if its about the free muffins then i get it.
The second thing i learned in this business was you need have thick skin to make it and keep your sanity.
All i was saying is if your succesful, be proud of yourself and thats all that matters.
Wishing that i choke on my lunch is a little extreme no?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Wow did i hit a nerve?? Don't worry i definitely was not giving you any credit, but if its about the free muffins then i get it.
The second thing i learned in this business was you need have thick skin to make it and keep your sanity.
All i was saying is if your succesful, be proud of yourself and thats all that matters.
Wishing that i choke on my lunch is a little extreme no?
NYC lunches......

There's a cinnamon roll that the kosher delis sell---weighs about 8 oz, has about 1000 calories and is the best I ever tasted. NYC and one deli in the SFV is the only places I've found the roll.

If I were to live in a city, NYC would be it. Country folk--like Dunbar--are actually twice as mean as any NY native. They just hide it under a thick coat of sugar because in a small town, there ain't no place to hide.

·
Registered
13 Posts
i hope all the social media nay-sayers out there have read this post. this is exactly why EVERY business should have a FB page and a google+ page. things like this also can help your search engine rankings, a lot of the algorithms are starting to look for social queues like this to see what sites are worthy of higher placement.

good on ya for getting all those great reviews!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts