Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a journeyman plumber with ten yrs exp. in commercial plumbing in the Denver area. My wife and I are looking to move too a little bit smaller place to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city. We are looking to move to anywhere except the east coast. Thank you in advance.

·
Super Moderator
9,247 Posts
Welcome to PZ. Lansing MI isn't the best area I've lived in, but there's lots of plumbing work here. Service, new construction, commercial not as much, but still pretty good. Cost of living isn't bad at all. You can buy a livable house here for $20k and up. You wouldn't be stepping on my toes, if anything I wish there were more plumbers around me. We're so booked people cancel their appointments two weeks prior and that spot is filled by the end of the day!

Research the area, and if you are serious let me know. I know most plumbers around here, or at least seen their work .

·
Super Moderator
12,497 Posts
Welcome aboard, great to have you. I hope that you find work where it fits your family's needs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the recommendation opensights. I will definitely get in touch with you if my wife is ok with that place

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a lot of work here in Montana and not a lot of people to do it. If you don't mind a commute ,an hour or less you can find a little privacy and still be close to the work. I'm an hour from bozeman,would never live there, but there is plenty of work,and no recreation

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
Hail your way.

St. Louis metro not really going all that strong. I do agree the Colorado area and more out west seem to be going stronger.

·
Super Moderator
9,247 Posts
Thanks for the welcomes and thanks for the recommendation opensights. I will definitely get in touch with you if my wife is ok with that place
Lots of outer cities, some have ridiculous taxes, some not so much. My only real complaint is how flat it is out here, but good hunting, fishing and of course we have "up north". Hard to explain, but when you head north, even for just the weekend, it's like a huge weight that fades the further north you go.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would have to disagree with GAN, we are located in the Metro-East (Illinois) part of the St Louis area and we have PLENTY of work. Feel free to contact me to discuss the possibilities.

·
Super Moderator
2,135 Posts
I would have to disagree with GAN, we are located in the Metro-East (Illinois) part of the St Louis area and we have PLENTY of work. Feel free to contact me to discuss the possibilities.
Yes I know your shop. You used to be located in my jurisdiction. If I am not mistaken you are a non-union shop that deals in a somewhat "sales based" flat rate projects?

You also do electrical work, run your own small back hoes, and water softener work.

Don't fail to mention you do almost exclusively repair work, correct?

Reactions: Gargalaxy

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
I know of a great role available at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs if you're interested in staying somewhat local!

I know of a great role in a dumpster you would fulfill.

·
Registered
6,328 Posts

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
Yes I know your shop. You used to be located in my jurisdiction. If I am not mistaken you are a non-union shop that deals in a somewhat "sales based" flat rate projects?

You also do electrical work, run your own small back hoes, and water softener work.

Don't fail to mention you do almost exclusively repair work, correct?

I have read a lot of Gans posts and this is him when he is raging mad and really wants to stick it to someone.

Reactions: GAN and MASTRPLUMB
1 - 16 of 16 Posts