Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am doing a 120gal. commercial WH and have always wondered, the print calls for a thermometer on the HW return line, i have to use a thermometer well, aand i noticed that the thermometer just sits in a pocket of air in the well.

should i be putting some kinda liquid in the well to transfer the heat better, as air doesn't transfer heat as well as fluid ?

or am i over thinking this ?

pic of what parts i am using, brands are different though............

·
AKA house plumber
3,560 Posts
won't the water heat the well itself and therefore engage the thermometer? Doesn't part of the well sit low enough in the tee to be in the water just like a t&p valve does? And don't forget you have to put a thermometer on the cold line at those dual backflows. According to the plan. :blink:

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
:blink: It helps you see?? :laughing:

Was it omitted?
That is the reason I should not be reading forums when I am dead tired. You will be seeing it on you , your truck and anywhere else for weeks. I am happy I gave you a laugh though.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
That is the reason I should not be reading forums when I am dead tired. You will be seeing it on you , your truck and anywhere else for weeks. I am happy I gave you a laugh though.
Just poking a little fun at ya bro. Get some rest....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts