Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Now the question arises, does the lowly apprentice make a mention of this Fernco issue to his boss
and question the use of them?? Will he get in hot water for asking??
Or does the apprentice just let it slide and hope that the boss dont try to shift blame to him
on this fernco thing , if the inspectors catch this problem down the road..??.

So what do you do, what do you do>???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also on another note, are those wall mounted toilet carriers gonna hold up being
only 2x4 light construction steel in the walls to hold them??? I have seen them pull out of the
walls before?
The carriers will hold just fine on a flimsy wall like that,you put a nut and washer on rod on backside of toilet so no pressure is on the wall at all,it would fail if you don’t put the nut and washer behind the toilet,butttt if it is a concrete block wall you can get by not using the nuts

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Back in the 80’s I fabbed up some no hub carrier hospital groups at the shop. Both soil and water piping and then transported them to the job. We used a no hub sealant made by Gaco. It really solidified the joints for transport. That and some strategically placed unistrut temporary braces. They were about 20’ long made in two sections. I see there is a similar product out there from Black Swan.
We use black swan

61 - 66 of 66 Posts