Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,356 Posts
Back in the 80’s I fabbed up some no hub carrier hospital groups at the shop. Both soil and water piping and then transported them to the job. We used a no hub sealant made by Gaco. It really solidified the joints for transport. That and some strategically placed unistrut temporary braces. They were about 20’ long made in two sections. I see there is a similar product out there from Black Swan.

That black swan stuff brings back memories
We used to call it "Camel Jizz-umm" used to plaster
something like it onto all sorts of joints that had to be lubed up...

·
Registered
8,254 Posts
Starting the underground tomorrow. I promise no ferncos guys 😎. Will snap some pics if not getting the whip cracked on me too hard.
The past six months I've found almost a half dozen "Offset Ferncos" causing clogs hahaha

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would still say the biggest issue is the NO cleanout above the 1 cross, that is 100% guaranteed to be an issue at an arcade...a place where a bunch of kids hangout, they are definitely going to flush something that will get stuck in that cross, makes zero sense to me to NOT put one in, that WILL be an issue guaranteed.

Ferncos may sag, but they may not...is it wrong yes, but not as big an issue as the no cleanout.

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,356 Posts
I just found these Ferncos today. She’s a leaka View attachment 132807

Those ferncos have been in there for a long, long time...

I think the ferncos that are being used in this arcade will at least last out their one year warranty..

all its got to do is last the year warranty and they are good to go....LOL....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 · (Edited)
You would fail in Georgia, good looking work but the only primer I see is in the can.
Is there a certain standard for how much needs to be showing for your inspectors to like it? Because all these joints are primed and upon close inspection you can see purple in the hub. Some of our guys are sloppy with it but I was taught to prime to the insert depth. Helps it look nice and an easy visual cue if the pipe’s not seated all the way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
On this same note how do the inspectors you guys deal with feel about air locking through a trap instead of filling it all up? It’s common practice for us and we’re honest and up front about it. The benefit being less water to dispose of in situations like this where the tie in won’t be done for a few weeks at least, we didn’t want to fill the ditch up with water.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
This week we have been relocating rain leaders because the wall they were in was removed and they decided to box them in next to the columns. Will take pics tomorrow but Monday we core drilled, Tuesday Wednesday we moved the tie in points on the first floor overhead, and today we piped from the roof drains over to the new penetrations that we stubbed through. Will get some pics of the bars that are done (lots of floor sinks) and some 6” chases we did for the beer guy.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
that re-vent in the wall looks way too low from the pictures
Astute observation. No reason not to tie it in on horizontal above or just jump over above flood level of that bar lav. I didn’t do anything but drill and set the floor sinks in that bar we moved on to cast while another crew took that over. I didn’t catch that even when I was taking the pictures this morning. Will suggest fixing it on Monday.

·
Registered
3,131 Posts
Just some picks of the job I believe I will be on for most of this summer. We did two bathroom groups and bit more last year at this location and the landlord has found a tenant so we started the buildout on an arcade type spot in half the space. Going to be two full service bars, two bathroom groups of 16 w/c each and a handful of other fixtures. Figured I’d share some pics of the work since I have put forth zero content since joining. View attachment 132694
View attachment 132691
View attachment 132693
View attachment 132690
View attachment 132692
I would take those ferncos off and replace with clampalls,ferncos not legal inside a blding in my state and they will sag eventually looks good tho

41 - 60 of 66 Posts