Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some picks of the job I believe I will be on for most of this summer. We did two bathroom groups and bit more last year at this location and the landlord has found a tenant so we started the buildout on an arcade type spot in half the space. Going to be two full service bars, two bathroom groups of 16 w/c each and a handful of other fixtures. Figured I’d share some pics of the work since I have put forth zero content since joining.
Building Wood Gas Electricity Facade

Building Wood Floor Line Composite material

Building Line City Vehicle Wood

Wood Beam Floor Engineering Composite material

Building Floor Line Wood Flooring

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We set 4 urinal and 12 wc carriers, core drilled and stubbed plastic and copper to the floor below so far. Will be probably finishing this second floor next week drilling for and setting floor sinks and floor drains and finishing up a family restroom we started today.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Thank you for putting a cleanout above one of the cross tees. Why didn't you put a cleanout above the other?

I snake drains, I also cuss out lazy a holes who can't be bothered to put cleanouts above cross tees. Yesterday I had to bend the end of a 1/4" snake to unclog back to back lav sinks on a cross tee. They each 90'd to the left into the tee. I had to run my camera in one drain so I could watch myself manipulate the snake I ran into the other drain. If I didn't have the camera lord only knows how long I would have been trying to get my snake to go down the cross tee.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I asked the same question and the answer I got was that there was one c.o. called out in the drawing so it got one clean out.

So short answer my master gives zeros f’s and ordered one c.o. tee because he knew he had to have a c.o. where it was accounted for.

More detailed would be the architect didn’t take into account that there was no way to catch seven carriers to the right of that clean out because we need fall. The drawing called for one drop, one clean out. We had to break the carriers into two drops, but the second cross’ clean out would have nowhere to exit the wall because of the proximity of the carriers and the backing for the partitions that is yet not installed as of these pictures. Little bit of bad planning and little bit of lack of desire led to something we’re not required to put in by code to be left out. I dislike it but it’s not wrong per se. As my boss would say “I guarantee you I(he) will never have to pull one of these toilets to snake it!”

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Looks like metal studs to me…. :LOL:
View attachment 132722
Well clearly I thought you were responding to the most recent post.

What's the problem with metal studs? Just get self tappers or pop rivets. When I did duct work metal studs were nice, only had to carry a couple types of screws.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
11,085 Posts
Well clearly I thought you were responding to the most recent post.

What's the problem with metal studs? Just get self tappers or pop rivets. When I did duct work metal studs were nice, only had to carry a couple types of screws.
Just giving you shnit I’ve sliced a finger or two. We used hole saws, not knockouts. Pex with mickey’s.

watch the preview.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Just giving you shnit I’ve sliced a finger or two. We used hole saws, not knockouts. Pex with mickey’s.

watch the preview.
I get lazy, pilot hole with a screw, then my red snips. I prefer milfords, they don't get brittle and crack.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
I Like Tater Tots
Plumber since 1979. 42 years and still rollin'
1,228 Posts
Nice looking work but I absolutely hate ferncos!!! I always use mission couplings with the solid stainless jacket (not no hub bands). I’ve seen too many in my life that have sagged.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Nice looking work but I absolutely hate ferncos!!! I always use mission couplings with the solid stainless jacket (not no hub bands). I’ve seen too many in my life that have sagged.
I I’ll take a pic tomorrow of an example but we support any run beyond carrier to carrier to prevent sagging. Finished up a family bathroom with a tight chase with a double wye laying flat that catch carriers at the far corners of the ADA bathrooms and lavs, with strut coming up from rod to prevent any chance of sag.

also thanks to everybody for the kind words I’m glad I’m learning from someone who is both skilled and takes pride in our work.

I certainly can’t take a lot of credit for the finished product because even though I do a lot of the work it is with close guidance and heavy scrutiny. Some of it takes two tries (and maybe three on occasion).

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,326 Posts
Sometimes grinder and snips if necessary or you miss the mark a bit, but it’s hard to make look nice.
This will be a 4’ concrete trough lav S
View attachment 132723

I dont work with anything this involved, but my question is if I used one of those 3 or 4 inch fernco fittings on a line in
someones basement I would be worried about them sagging over time.....
I have seen them move and sag many times....

How come no hub clamps with full SS bands on them not used in this application????
Why would fernco fittings without full SS bands on them be passable and ok on work like you are doing???
are you putting some kind of leg or support under each one of them?

It all looks real good to me, I just did not think fernco fittings were kosher in commercial work

1 - 20 of 45 Posts