1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Does she come with it?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't see how it would drain, I don't see a drain. Looks to me like it is draining on the floor! Maybe thats it, floor drain!:laughing: :no: If it slides up and down from tub to shower, doesn't seem possible to me. Looks cool though.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Killertoiletspider said:
How is that different from any fiberglass tub we install?
I don't recall installing anything with such a thin rim.

I think there is no drain - the entire unit swivels and one end lets all the water out.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I hope she doesn't come with it. I have never seen anyone more bored looking while bathing in my life. That's all I need is a bored twenty-something (teenager? who can tell in this day and age?) using my bathroom. Give me a hyperactive 40-something woman any day of the week. I like growed up trouble, not babysitting.

I wouldn't mind installing one, but I bet the spec sheet fails to mention you need a steel wall or at least doubled 2x12 on 12 inch centers to cantilever that much weight off that wall.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I'm waiting for someone to bring back the ribcage shower. I like those things but they start at seven grand then you have to get it restored. Oh well, eventually I'll rip one out and take it home.

·
Banned
913 Posts
I hope she doesn't come with it. I have never seen anyone more bored looking while bathing in my life. That's all I need is a bored twenty-something (teenager? who can tell in this day and age?) using my bathroom. Give me a hyperactive 40-something woman any day of the week. I like growed up trouble, not babysitting.

I wouldn't mind installing one, but I bet the spec sheet fails to mention you need a steel wall or at least doubled 2x12 on 12 inch centers to cantilever that much weight off that wall.
More plumber's goo -- I think I love you too Double A :laughing:

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

It's German, I would be willing to bet it has a frame which is mounted to the floor and ceiling, similar to a Duravit toilet.

·
Registered
344 Posts
It's German, I would be willing to bet it has a frame which is mounted to the floor and ceiling, similar to a Duravit toilet.
Ah, made by Schpritzed un der Flor, no doubt. Or maybe their parent company Schpilt un der Karpit.

·
Registered
584 Posts
From the artical.
"At this stage it's still a prototype but Arad is confident that with Teuco's production expertise his bath dream will soon be a reality in our own homes."

I'll bet the mounting is their major hangup. You have to figure this thing is going to hold at least 300lbs of water, and 400lbs should two people try and get in the thing plus the weight of the unit. That's quite a bit to mount on a wall and have a motor in the middle of it to turn the thing. You would have to change the framing in the entire house to add something like that.

That hammock one is pretty cool though I wouldn't want one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts