Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

6481 - 6500 of 6529 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
Just got back from up north. Winterized my neighbor’s cabin. Went for a 4 mile hike with the wife down and up a mountain. Some really nice colors and beautiful scenery. Took plenty of pictures, here’s a few.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
A customer of mine gave me this cool homemade painted glass light up thingy today.

She has a moen with the clip style sprayer and bought a sprayer that’s old school thread connection to wash her hair in the he kitchen sink. She’s elderly and actually just broke he collar bone due to having a tendency of falling. This new sprayer is like a ro faucet. You can press it or pop it open for a continuous flow.

I sent her to my supply house, gave her suggestions.... but I’ve never seen a way to convert clip to thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
I sent her to my supply house, gave her suggestions.... but I’ve never seen a way to convert clip to thread.
Moen has a "universal" replacement sprayer that has several different options to connect and one of those adapters may help you. You may still need a brass nipple.

The great Steve used to use barbed/insert couplings sometimes.

Attachments

·
Registered
289 Posts
there use to be a time where men had muscles and were men..not the puzzy snowflakes entering the workforce of today...
I don't know Sht look at all the surgeries you've had. I remember you had your hands fixed last year I think.

Me it's my knees, shoulders and back. I've had my right thumb sewed back on and caught all sorts of bugs working with drains. Most of these bugs were not nice.

But I always thought, I'm no pussy, my mind changed, when I brought the norwalk virus home to the family. Well maybe it was the pickup truck load of toilet paper latter. It was a bit late to learn, but I tried to learn.

I think maybe it's time plumbers learned to work smarter, if that contraption helps why not.

Oh, need you straighten one thing I thought when you used the expression snowflake it was because I am Canadian. I missed the meaning now I see it's anyone that doesn't agree with you.

I can live with that.
:wink::wink::wink::wink:

·
Super Moderator
7,470 Posts

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
I don't know Sht look at all the surgeries you've had. I remember you had your hands fixed last year I think.

Me it's my knees, shoulders and back. I've had my right thumb sewed back on and caught all sorts of bugs working with drains. Most of these bugs were not nice.

But I always thought, I'm no pussy, my mind changed, when I brought the norwalk virus home to the family. Well maybe it was the pickup truck load of toilet paper latter. It was a bit late to learn, but I tried to learn.

I think maybe it's time plumbers learned to work smarter, if that contraption helps why not.

Oh, need you straighten one thing I thought when you used the expression snowflake it was because I am Canadian. I missed the meaning now I see it's anyone that doesn't agree with you.

I can live with that.
:wink::wink::wink::wink:
you are correct to a point, most of my wearing out was a 50/50 combo of plumbing work I should have had help with heavy stuff and the same for personal projects..but there is a fine line between a device helping to prevent injury or prolonged use will cause more harm to your body for not getting enough use to keep it strong...
and at what point do human bodies become obsolete..the biggest threat to the workforce in this country is...automation in factories..soon humans wont be needed at all, just look at amazon and all the robots that took human jobs..this will just be a lead in to that on job sites..just imagine no laborers anymore and its all robots carrying materials up stairs or holding heavy objects for you..sounds good up front, till you get fired and replaced...
im sure there is a happy balance, but how long will that last??
snowflake has nothing to do whether you are canadian or not..I call all the week easily offended people snowflakes that cant live in reality..the real world...

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
you are correct to a point, most of my wearing out was a 50/50 combo of plumbing work I should have had help with heavy stuff and the same for personal projects..but there is a fine line between a device helping to prevent injury or prolonged use will cause more harm to your body for not getting enough use to keep it strong...
and at what point do human bodies become obsolete..the biggest threat to the workforce in this country is...automation in factories..soon humans wont be needed at all, just look at amazon and all the robots that took human jobs..this will just be a lead in to that on job sites..just imagine no laborers anymore and its all robots carrying materials up stairs or holding heavy objects for you..sounds good up front, till you get fired and replaced...
im sure there is a happy balance, but how long will that last??
snowflake has nothing to do whether you are canadian or not..I call all the week easily offended people snowflakes that cant live in reality..the real world...

Yes, a snowflake is someone who’s feelings are hurt by truth regardless of nationality.

I always think about my grandfather’s generation of plumbers. I’ve set one cast iron tub. Had two other people helping. Fck that! But back in the day that was every tub! Only cast and galvi DWV and potable. Installing all that in one house would kill me. We already have it much easier than our predecessors, even though our trade is still hard on the body. Usually when on my knees I’m in the low kneeling position and now I have a callus on the side of ankle/top of my right foot.

·
Registered
8,982 Posts
Yes, a snowflake is someone who’s feelings are hurt by truth regardless of nationality.

I always think about my grandfather’s generation of plumbers. I’ve set one cast iron tub. Had two other people helping. Fck that! But back in the day that was every tub! Only cast and galvi DWV and potable. Installing all that in one house would kill me. We already have it much easier than our predecessors, even though our trade is still hard on the body. Usually when on my knees I’m in the low kneeling position and now I have a callus on the side of ankle/top of my right foot.
when I first started plumbing as a helper I carried MANY cast iron tubs up flights of stairs with 1 other person..I aint gona do that anymore....along with cast iron boilers..not these 40 pound wall hungs that are going in now...
the newer generations are born soft and cry at having to do hard work..if they even work..many are feeding off the government tit...

·
Super Moderator
7,483 Posts
We’ve been using this kid, 23 I think, on big jobs. One heck of a worker! Always shows up on time, checks his phone only during breaks, when we’re working he’s doing something productive. Really wants to learn, always wants work. Rare breed!

I don’t want to ever have an employee unless I found someone like him. He has so many opportunities right now though. His stepfather is a master in hvac and is working on his contractors license to start his own business, he’s working part time for the guy that’s buying my master’s business, and if that falls through my master has even told him he wants to steel him, and I totally agree.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Never heard anything good about these disposals, but man, you can’t help but think of the profit that could be made off these things?

Attachments

6481 - 6500 of 6529 Posts