Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so today I added an additional service to my procedure.

A portable picture printer and power inverter in the van, when I estimate drains or something under the house, the customer will get pictures of the situation, and get a better idea of the work. these pics will be printed for the customer while I figure out the estimate, and I will retain a data file for my records, before and after, for legal reasons also.

I had a meeting last night, and this was one of the additions I was able to retain.

Anyone else doing this? If so, how is it working? any special procedure??

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Many of times I thought about taking pictures before and after for history records and LEGAL as well. Good idea.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
Pictures

:laughing:WestCoast,

I do almost the same when quoting a job. It helps me to remember what I saw.

I look at 3-5 jobs a day and the pictures I take help me later, cuz I get most of those jobs and don't have to try and rely on my notes for a materials takeoff.

What I don't do is give the owner a copy of the pictures until Im under contract to do the job, because I've found that it's more likely the owner will shop my pictures around for better pricing, thus having wasted my time and sometimes hard work, at crawling in to take the pictures.

Some of the jobs we take pictures of at different stages, for the job file and sometimes just cus we like our work and it's gonna get covered up:laughing::laughing:

Jamie

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What I don't do is give the owner a copy of the pictures until Im under contract to do the job, because I've found that it's more likely the owner will shop my pictures around for better pricing, thus having wasted my time and sometimes hard work, at crawling in to take the pictures.

Jamie

Very good point and noted in my mental file ;):yes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts