Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright I had too...

We have a thread going for what we do to the new guys but the question is what did they do to you to break you in?

Heres mine-- yes the old ******** that broke me in laughed and laughed. I endured a couple of months and having my boots set on fire, JB weld put on the threads of my tubing cutters and plumbers putty fired at me through 10 sticks of copper. Nothing like going home with welts on your back because some old ******* needed a laugh. They used to laugh and say relax if we didn't like yah we wouldn't pick on yah. Funny I never laughed quite as hard as they did.

:huh:

·
Plumbing and Gas SCO
1,437 Posts
Ok, not plumbing but it fits here.

I was working on a well service rig when I was 18. We needed to have someone come out to run a plug into the line for us. They use thin steel line running through sheeves down into the well to place the plug.

The guy running the truck knew I was new and wanted some fun.
He told me that his depth counter was off so I needed to watch the sheeve for him. He made a mark on it and said. "every time the mark gets to the top lift your left arm, every 5th time lift both"

So... he starts running into the hole slow and I am keeping up really good. Then he brings up the speed slowly and I need the wave faster. Yup, in the end I looked like I was trying to take off and fly.

One more, we had to pound pegs into the ground one day. The tool push bet me $50 that he could drive a peg into the ground further than I could. He bet that I could have 3 swings at it and he could beat me with one. OK, I'm cocky, bet on! I give it 3 mighty hits and drive it almost all the way into the ground. His turn, He hits MY peg! $50 gone.

·
Muck me?
700 Posts
Ok, not plumbing but it fits here.

One more, we had to pound pegs into the ground one day. The tool push bet me $50 that he could drive a peg into the ground further than I could. He bet that I could have 3 swings at it and he could beat me with one. OK, I'm cocky, bet on! I give it 3 mighty hits and drive it almost all the way into the ground. His turn, He hits MY peg! $50 gone.
Thats a good one to remember

1 - 3 of 3 Posts