Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

Super Moderator
It makes me really want to stock up on some freeze dried food and toilet paper just in case the bas/ards play this game here again.....
It does not hurt to have an emergency supply of food supply on hand even if you never , ever need it---
So Up in Canada would they make
you surrender your 3 month stockpile of food if they caught wind of it to make you share it with all the aliens????
Oc course this would be for your own good because You would not want to look like
you are a racist or xenophobic ..... the more woke the better for Canada
馃槃 馃槃 馃槃
Well the news just told us bridges are going to close entirely, all of them! Only essential workers or medical issue. I guess half of them will be out of work now. That means more people at the foodbank and broke. I had planned to have a relaxing weekend but now I'll be filling the truck with supplies. I can imagine truckers getting stuck in the police blockade to cross over to bring food. I know some of them are going to get fed up and stop supplying the city. I still have most of the stuff I bought last year, eating beans and chef Boyardee, it gets tiring after 2 days!

They also hinted at even more drastic measures. I think they will probably lock down everyone inside.

The police are encouraging the public to go to parks and beaches this week end so they can hand them 1500$ fines, they will purposefully look for any "sanitary" infraction. I guess they will be carrying a 2 foot ruler and ask if the woman next to you is truly your wife if you don't each wear a mask. I'm a criminal I've been a illegally sleeping with my GF for the last 6 months without a mask! She isn't allowed to stay past the 8pm curfew and stay the night. That's illegal!!!

Registered
.......... I'm a criminal I've been a illegally sleeping with my GF for the last 6 months without a mask! She isn't allowed to stay past the 8pm curfew and stay the night. That's illegal!!!
Well hey, at least you wear a condom.

4th year apprentice
I guess they will be carrying a 2 foot ruler and ask if the woman next to you is truly your wife if you don't each wear a mask. I'm a criminal I've been a illegally sleeping with my GF for the last 6 months without a mask! She isn't allowed to stay past the 8pm curfew and stay the night. That's illegal!!!
Just tell them that one of you is transgender. Instead of a ticket you'll get a medal, maybe a high ranking political position or your own reality TV show.

Registered
Tango, maybe you should start a "go fund me page" being an oppressed Canadian plumber and see if people will help you
get yourself a years supply of food just in case Canada shuts down again...... heck, I will even throw in a buck or two....

I would so help support such a good cause and such a poor guy having to deal with the things we hear. Also just to see if he would then give me the extra juicy story he just mentioned the other day that he is saving

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Registered

Registered
WOW your pour Canadian guys having to deal with this curfew. I sure hope you government official's have sewer back ups, water line leaks, etc. just before your dictatorship curfew starts. WHen I first read this I thought I was going back in time around 1942 Germany.
Don't lump Canada in with Quebec.

Il Lic. Plumber
Last summer my business took off like a rocket ship . 20 new calls every Monday morning when the week is already booked up. I realized I better do something. I work by myself and am not going to hire anyone. Stopped working for landlords and jokers . Cherry picked the best and the hell with the rest . Doubled my prices and still can't keep up. Learning how to say no . Making more money and not taking on nightmares. Life is getting better but every once in a while I have to tell a long time customer I can't get there. Eats away at my conscience but , only so many hours in the day .

Super Moderator
Last summer my business took off like a rocket ship . 20 new calls every Monday morning when the week is already booked up. I realized I better do something. I work by myself and am not going to hire anyone. Stopped working for landlords and jokers . Cherry picked the best and the hell with the rest . Doubled my prices and still can't keep up. Learning how to say no . Making more money and not taking on nightmares. Life is getting better but every once in a while I have to tell a long time customer I can't get there. Eats away at my conscience but , only so many hours in the day .
That's somewhat of a nice problem to have. I say somewhat because it can be stressful to have too many and end up finishing late to be able to keep the appointments the next day. I had almost a full week and the phone was ringing a lot, a few people called back to cancel to get the bad service/cheap company. I don't see myself getting too much work, so many other companies and hacks out there.

philosopher and statesmen
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

I got the same problem right now, I have told a life long freind that managed about 140 rental properties
around town to find someone else to work on his dumps... Every other job has been a crawl space full of crap
to pump out wade down into and put a parch on some broken copper drain line that has been pouring into the crawl
for months..... I am totally over all this aggravation and I politely told him so... find another plumber .

I am turning down a lot of junk that you can just tell over the phone is gonna be trouble and
cherry picking the better paying jobs.... I Went out today
and re-set a toilet , installed a flapper and ballcock in about 30 minutes and told them double what I used
to charge.....no problems

I have 2 heaters and a water softener for monday already and I dont need to be cleaning out some
stopped up kitchen sink with old galvanized pipes ready to crumble and fall apart in the crawl space....
(y)(y)..

Registered
Same here. More work coming in than we can do. Nobody with any experience available to hire. I've been hiring kids from the trade schools and training them the way we like to do things. We are doing more press that we used to just to speed up jobs. I recently bought two brand new m12 tools with the swivel heads. Lucky for us we have a very large repeat customer base. So we priority them and all new customers are on a wait list. And the new construction jobs we do are all custom homes for a handful of good contractors we have been working for for years. I got rid of the spec houses we took on during slow times as they were the least profitable of all our work. Like Somebody else on here said. It's a wonderful problem to have but I hate turning down work. It's mid April and I'm booking remodel jobs for June July allready. Our cash cow right now is opening summer homes for the season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Same here. More work coming in than we can do. Nobody with any experience available to hire. I've been hiring kids from the trade schools and training them the way we like to do things. We are doing more press that we used to just to speed up jobs. I recently bought two brand new m12 tools with the swivel heads. Lucky for us we have a very large repeat customer base. So we priority them and all new customers are on a wait list. And the new construction jobs we do are all custom homes for a handful of good contractors we have been working for for years. I got rid of the spec houses we took on during slow times as they were the least profitable of all our work. Like Somebody else on here said. It's a wonderful problem to have but I hate turning down work. It's mid April and I'm booking remodel jobs for June July allready. Our cash cow right now is opening summer homes for the season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Like I stated in the original post.... it is gonna be ugly once everyone retires or dies off in a few years , .

with only a bunch of morons with bones in their ears and noses and bars through their peckers to take over ...

This is probably why they are letting in so many spanish... to take up the work load and .they might be
trainable and want to work...

Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I raised my prices about 600 bucks on an average 50 gallon power vent heater. this week
I raised my price dramatically on a 75 gallon heater in a garage too.....

both customers wanted this work done asap and did not want to be on a waiting list for a few days
and neither one of them actually whined or complained about the bill.....
(we would have to move this to the lounge for actual numbers)

it appears no one wants to work in town presently because they can stay home and
bone the old lady and wait for a covid check to get by .......
thats the sweet life for a while anyway.....

I realize that this is how ben f stays in business--- the people simplt dont care about price , they only
want the work done NOW,, LIKE TODAY......

here is the 75 gas we did this morning and were done and at lunch by 12.30
the reasoning is that the 75 gallon heater is still a way lot cheaper than doing a tankless

41 - 54 of 54 Posts