Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
My sixteen year old boy is a registered apprentice and on about his third month working with me. He only has one class this semester and that's at 2pm so it works out pretty well.
Please teach him how to solder. I am sick of these kids putting propress where it doesn't belong.

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If the democrats have any branes at all, while they are trying to make many social changes
to the country like free day care for children and other issues, they ought to make it mandatory for our
children to learn many different life skills while in grade and high school .... shop, mechanics , farming, ect....
Instead of teaching about race in-equality and how people are all being oppressed....

if the truth be known, all the spanish flooding up here from who knows where, probably cannot
read or write as well as our spoiled children, but I bet that they probably have very good survival skills
that they have had to learn from birth...

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
If the democrats have any branes at all, while they are trying to make many social changes
to the country like free day care for children and other issues, they ought to make it mandatory for our
children to learn many different life skills while in grade and high school .... shop, mechanics , farming, ect....
Instead of teaching about race in-equality and how people are all being oppressed....

if the truth be known, all the spanish flooding up here from who knows where, probably cannot
read or write as well as our spoiled children, but I bet that they probably have very good survival skills
I have heard people several times mention "life skills" should be tought in school. Now I'm not saying I'm happy with the current school system but I am also against that mentality that "life skills" belongs in a school setting. Learning how to sew, cook, build with wood, and keep a personal budget and file taxes. These are things that are a parents responsibility. Exactly as mentioned it is a LIFE skill. Something to be learned in life not in an academic setting. I expect the school to teach my kids to read and write so I can help them figure out how to apply those skills fir a practical purpose such as reading the right books, write a shopping list or a get well card. Teach them math so I can show them how to put it to use for making a yearly budget or figure out what to charge for their time working.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·

Actually, the spanish coming up from the south are gonna have life skills, survival skills on a level that most pampered kids
of our country cannot even fathom....... This probably wont go well when they begin to assimilate into the system... like
survival of the fittest....and meanest too

·
Registered
6,070 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,277 Posts
Sucks it got stolen but I don't think you're missing much. You should get the jet-swet set of 3 for 120$

The jet swet is cool, (i think our supplier has something similar. I don’t know the price)
but for 1/2” alone is $77 + tax/shipping CDN it doesn’t seem worth the price.
For the amount of times where I’d need the JS - the bread trick works wonders...
I might or might not charge extra for a “difficult installation” in this type of situation.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
The jet swet is cool, (i think our supplier has something similar. I don’t know the price)
but for 1/2” alone is $77 + tax/shipping CDN it doesn’t seem worth the price.
For the amount of times where I’d need the JS - the bread trick works wonders...
I might or might not charge extra for a “difficult installation” in this type of situation.
I got the set of three for 112$USD shipped on ebay, that seller has run out. It's the lowest I've ever seen them and I had more OT than usual that week. Frankly I've made it this long without out them, it was really just a treat for myself. They easily fit in my sweat box and are nice to have.

I'd still recommend to most guys just get some female tees and a second torch. Heat the pipe ~6" back with the first torch and solder as normal with the second. once you get that side of the tee done you can proceed as normal letting the incoming water drain from the tee. When you're all done soldering just throw a plug or boiler drain in the tee. You could also just use a union.

·
Super Moderator
2,121 Posts
WOW your pour Canadian guys having to deal with this curfew. I sure hope you government official's have sewer back ups, water line leaks, etc. just before your dictatorship curfew starts. WHen I first read this I thought I was going back in time around 1942 Germany.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
WOW your pour Canadian guys having to deal with this curfew. I sure hope you government official's have sewer back ups, water line leaks, etc. just before your dictatorship curfew starts. WHen I first read this I thought I was going back in time around 1942 Germany.
The 8pm to 5am curfew is just in my province. They are talking about closing the bridges again like last year but even more strict to prevent people from going in and out of the province. Well people have to cross to go to work and I mean in the ten's of thousands every day. I bet hat means food on the shelves will become empty again.

I said earlier I saw the police fine people who were talking to each other in a parking lot. Yeah I feel oppressed and they are making a ton of money dishing out covid fines.

·
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
The 8pm to 5am curfew is just in my province. They are talking about closing the bridges again like last year but even more strict to prevent people from going in and out of the province. Well people have to cross to go to work and I mean in the ten's of thousands every day. I bet hat means food on the shelves will become empty again.

I said earlier I saw the police fine people who were talking to each other in a parking lot. Yeah I feel oppressed and they are making a ton of money dishing out covid fines.

It makes me really want to stock up on some freeze dried food and toilet paper just in case the bas/ards play this game here again.....
It does not hurt to have an emergency supply of food supply on hand even if you never , ever need it---
So Up in Canada would they make
you surrender your 3 month stockpile of food if they caught wind of it to make you share it with all the aliens????
Oc course this would be for your own good because You would not want to look like
you are a racist or xenophobic ..... the more woke the better for Canada
😄 😄 😄

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
It makes me really want to stock up on some freeze dried food and toilet paper just in case the bas/ards play this game here again.....
It does not hurt to have an emergency supply of food supply on hand even if you never , ever need it---
So Up in Canada would they make
you surrender your 3 month stockpile of food if they caught wind of it to make you share it with all the aliens????
Oc course this would be for your own good because You would not want to look like
you are a racist or xenophobic ..... the more woke the better for Canada
😄 😄 😄

YES I AM ON THEIR MAILING LIST

·
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·

Tango, maybe you should start a "go fund me page" being an oppressed Canadian plumber and see if people will help you
get yourself a years supply of food just in case Canada shuts down again...... heck, I will even throw in a buck or two.... 😄

·
Super Moderator
1,860 Posts
Tango, maybe you should start a "go fund me page" being an oppressed Canadian plumber and see if people will help you
get yourself a years supply of food just in case Canada shuts down again...... heck, I will even throw in a buck or two.... 😄

TANGO
I would like to help you out ! I would donate $10.00 to a fund for you

·
7,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
TANGO
I would like to help you out ! I would donate $10.00 to a fund for you
I will give 10 AMERICAN DOLLARS to help out ....

its the least I can do.... now if everyone else ponies up you will
be set for the next liberal lockdown

21 - 40 of 54 Posts