Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The best ad that I have read so far is one from Dahl Valves. Here is the headline:

"I Can't Take A Leak!"

Sub Head: that's why I only use Dahl Valves.

This was a pretty good ad and one I think beats all the other ads in reeves and PM mag.

When I was a kid and growing up in L.A. there was a company called Ade Do, that ran commercials on T.V. There was the owner sitting at his desk on the phone and a voice over would say "who can unclog your sewer lines," then the owner looks into the camera and says "Ade DO!"

Any way it was a funny commercial and one that made me want to become a plumber.

I have been involved with the plumbing industry since 1984 selling parts and fixtures for 7 years. then in 1991 I began my carrier as a plumber. In all of that time I haven't seen a really good industry ad until Dahl valves came out with the " I can't take a leak" Ad.

what say you, what ad have you seen that caused any kind of emotion to make you purchase a product or service in the plumbing industry. What was the headline that rocked your world?

·
I Like Tater Tots
Plumber since 1979. 42 years and still rollin'
1,228 Posts
I have to agree with Red...........:blink: What were they thinking? :no:

Reactions: Redwood

·
Registered
5,903 Posts
Its good food for thought..not the ridgid tool stuff..but something pleasantly humorous..marketing is hard to spend time on for me since I'm the cook and bottle washer...and want more calls. Unfortunately at my age ( not that I have a problem) the 1st thing that comes to mind with "I cant take a leak" is prostate :laughing:.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.