Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 1458 Posts

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,227 Posts
Yeah I told him to get in the shower with his socks off and pretend but it didn't work. I was going to get to the bottom of it! Hey it worked! he came back down with his hair wet, now that was a little funny. 😁😁
move gotten in a shower socks off, pants rolled upwearing a rain coat..

·
Registered
5,881 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
I know right, I'm a fine specimen! The hoarder daughter told me!
It's always a great feeling when those kind of people flirt with you, let's you know you're a down to earth, "attainable" kind of sexy lolz.

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,428
Want more crazy here it is!

I was cleaning out the van this afternoon when a guy wearing a mask pops up while I'm in the cargo area. He was holding a peanut jar with some dried up scum inside and asking if I knew what caused that. What the phock was he talking about? He was saying something about a biotronix something something clogging his pipes. He couldn't even describe what it was, I was starting to lose my patience when he kept asking the cause. Damnit on every webpage its says my house is not open to the public! Go away!

And an hour later a woman saying she kept flushing kitty litter and it finally clogged the toilet and wanted an appointment with the option to cancel at anytime while they tried a second round of vinegar and baking soda...

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
.............Damnit on every webpage its says my house is not open to the public! Go away!
Hide your address on the website, I assume you have to have it but does it have to be easy to find? Also, if you constantly mention that your house isn't open to the public you're just constantly reminding them and I bet they're more likely to wonder what your address is.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,430
Hide your address on the website, I assume you have to have it but does it have to be easy to find? Also, if you constantly mention that your house isn't open to the public you're just constantly reminding them and I bet they're more likely to wonder what your address is.
It's necessary for s.e.o purposes for ranking. So my address is on every page.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
It's necessary for s.e.o purposes for ranking. So my address is on every page.
Oh you dingus! It doesn't have to be legible! Make it invisible Or at least really tiny ;)

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,434
Guy just called for a nail through a water pipe, can you come over tonight? Sure rate is____

What why... so much money...It can't be... How about day time?...I'll call you back.

10 minutes later

How much is it again for the night rate? No one else is answering. The rate is_____.

Holeee $hit.!!! blabla. Sir over 50% goes to the government so I have to make a living too. Feel free to continue to shop around, there's over a 100 companies out there and I'm not forcing you.

Then he started with a sob story.

Same price.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Guy just called for a nail through a water pipe, can you come over tonight? Sure rate is____

What why... so much money...It can't be... How about day time?...I'll call you back.

10 minutes later

How much is it again for the night rate? No one else is answering. The rate is_____.

Holeee $hit.!!! blabla. Sir over 50% goes to the government so I have to make a living too. Feel free to continue to shop around, there's over a 100 companies out there and I'm not forcing you.

Then he started with a sob story.

Same price.
Did you get and complete the job???? Did you get paid????

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,436
Did you get and complete the job???? Did you get paid????
No he was too cheap, he wanted service right the F-Now even though no one else seem to answer their phone and it had to be a hack price. I blocked his number when he called the second time. I'm not interested in insults and tantrums, I already have unpleasant comments from people who pay their bill.

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,437
Let Go Da Pipe!

Had to replace a tub shower faucet this afternoon. It blew up the evening before and flooded the second floor. While I'm in the closet out back working I hear a thunk, and I'm like did a tool fall or something? Nope, a couple minutes later I put the copper stub out for the spout and all of a sudden the pipe starts to wiggle! I look though the hole to see a toddler on the other side of the wall jiggling it, I said let go the pipe and he jumped back wondering where the sound came from. I went into the bathroom to get him out of there and he was clutching a hole saw. I got him out of the room and he started wailing, the mom came upstairs and said to him you don't see white men all that often...(Mix couple).

Once the job completed she had asked several quotes to replace the tub before the faucet blew up (I don't do that sort of thing) and she started to chat me up about that, one of them was 1600$ which included removing the toilet to be able to remove the tub, relocating and replacing the old faucet (that I had just done), replacing the tub and walls(customer supplied fixtures). I exclaimed mam that's way too cheap I can guarantee you there's not a plumber in there and she replied it's handymen with licenses. Nope you won't be seeing a real plumber in the picture, showed her the logo's needed on the paperwork.

Good luck with the hack plumbing, you'll be calling me when it fails and it's all messed up....

·
Registered
Master Plumber
292 Posts
Let Go Da Pipe!

Had to replace a tub shower faucet this afternoon. It blew up the evening before and flooded the second floor. While I'm in the closet out back working I hear a thunk, and I'm like did a tool fall or something? Nope, a couple minutes later I put the copper stub out for the spout and all of a sudden the pipe starts to wiggle! I look though the hole to see a toddler on the other side of the wall jiggling it, I said let go the pipe and he jumped back wondering where the sound came from. I went into the bathroom to get him out of there and he was clutching a hole saw. I got him out of the room and he started wailing, the mom came upstairs and said to him you don't see white men all that often...(Mix couple).

Once the job completed she had asked several quotes to replace the tub before the faucet blew up (I don't do that sort of thing) and she started to chat me up about that, one of them was 1600$ which included removing the toilet to be able to remove the tub, relocating and replacing the old faucet (that I had just done), replacing the tub and walls(customer supplied fixtures). I exclaimed mam that's way too cheap I can guarantee you there's not a plumber in there and she replied it's handymen with licenses. Nope you won't be seeing a real plumber in the picture, showed her the logo's needed on the paperwork.

Good luck with the hack plumbing, you'll be calling me when it fails and it's all messed up....

View attachment 128920

View attachment 128921

View attachment 128922
What did you use to patch the holes from the old fixture?

·
Super Moderator
8,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,440
Refused a job this morning, I'll write more later on but I was supposed to install the finish of a vanity but when I went there, the previous plumber from the biggest company in town put in a flat tee on the horizontal part for the stub out and rotated it maybe 15 degrees. Plus less than 2 feet away is the laundry machine on the same line. The guy was real angry and said the guy was a bozo last time around.

Now the guy wants me to send an email stating what's wrong and why I refused. I want no part in that, I'll call later to tell him so and to keep me out of it.

1421 - 1440 of 1458 Posts