Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,202 (Edited)
2 excellent customers today, the first one had a broken laundry pipe under the concrete and the biggest company in town sent some guys, they chipped the concrete without covering anything or putting a fan to the outdoors. The owner had to hire a company to clean the entire house, they also had to send all the clothes from a rack to the dry cleaners... Anyway when I was done he gave me a 10$ tip. :smile:

Second job, I had to install a customer supplied toilet, I saw the box was taped up so I brought them over to check it out. All the parts were loose and removed from their packaging. The lid was chipped but they said to put it in anyway. On my way back down I realized the 2 button flush mechanism was missing. They asked me to supply one, they were extremely sorry to waste my time. Are you kidding me! I got paid to get one plus a mark up. They told me sorry 4-5 more times. Amazing.

Edit, just checked the womans' payment 26$ tip! wow!

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,203 (Edited)
This afternoon, a couple decided to buy the cheapest brand faucet and do it themselves, well there was practically no water when they tiled over!!! :vs_laugh:

So they ripped their freshly laid tiles, and I told them to open it some more.

I went downstairs and I told the woman, holyyy that's some tinkering, a kitchen trap for the tub. I didn't mention the pvc glue instead of abs glue, I knew they wouldn't go for it.

She replied it's an old house....

I'm thinking Sure sure, diy!!!

Back upstairs, they used SB, interesting to see a swivel tub spout. :vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,204
For real, mirrors, you believe in that? I've broken at least 4 locker sized ones for my service calls in the last 2 years. :sad2:

I feel much better now, I went to take a long drive, I passed a McLaren 720S on the highway and I ended up behind it again 30 minutes later cruising downtown. Then I saw the same white Ferrari 458 parked at the same place as last week and I saw a red one too. :smile:

I lost all hope of you getting me a lambo die cast. So I got this one for the computer room to compare to the vette, and another smaller one is on it's way to stick onto the van's dashboard. the GF said it was a dream, I said no it's a goal, very different. :biggrin:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I lost all hope of you getting me a lambo die cast. So I got this one for the computer room to compare to the vette, and another smaller one is on it's way to stick onto the van's dashboard. the GF said it was a dream, I said no it's a goal, very different. :biggrin:

“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how”. -Nietzsche

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,207 (Edited)
Today I had too much work and got home at 7pm, made a quick dash through the shower and went for a drive to decompress. I was cruising when a Lamborghini Hurican drove beside me then in front. That was nice. :smile:

So the story, a guy called me up yesterday twice, once to try and get a free estimate and inspection report. I said it's $$. He probably called many more and none wanted to go for free. So he called me up gain, told him the rate and booked an appointment.

This afternoon I get there, he just moved in an old house, he says the previous owner hid the fact the tub/shower upstairs was leaking in the wall. I asked did you get a house inspector? He replied yes but he didn't see the drip so he showed me. The freaking diverter in the middle was gushing when turned on but right in the tub, it also trickled back into the wall because the escutcheon had been removed.

I told him, it's not a what do call it a hidden vice, you can clearly see it! Go talk to the inspector he missed it. Now he calls his wife anxiously fidgeting and I can clearly see she's the one making all the decisions. He asks how much to replace it, I say this much time about $$. He says is that your best price? Do the other companies charge less? How much do the others charge, are they lower or higher?

The wires connected, I got angry real quick, I said you shopped around yesterday. Haggling was yesterday and now you pay! No, you pay me my 1 hr minimum plus the service call and I'm out of here, my time started when I stepped out of the van. The retard asked his boss wife what to do. All the while he was real anxious, he was about to break down or something.

Then he said do it because you are already here. So I cut up the tile and replaced the faucet and I tell him I'll have to come back when the tile is done to solder the adapter for the spout. He says you are charging me next time? Yes I'm charging you, I don't work for free. :vs_mad:

The wife comes home and she looks like the haggler type. He looks at the price of the bill and says to me what did you install for materials? I say it's all written there. I'm also 10$ under the estimate before I started.

Some people get on my nerves big time. Good thing I went for a ride to calm down.

5 hours later the payment isn't in yet, he better not fool around or I'm going back monday and take the whole thing out.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Infamous wall hung toilet Part 3

I think the woman called 3 times yesterday, I know this because she has a private number and I rarely get private numbers and I got 3 in one day at intervals. No messages were left.

I hope she goes away, I don't need her drama. Why do some people think once they hire you you have to fix their P.O.S forever for free?? They get the impression they have a 3 month warranty from thin air? If she does call back from another phone I'll say look, you refused to pay last time, you probably didn't call the rep or the boutique who sold it to you. PLUS it clearly states on the work order repairs are not guaranteed. Let's see if she files an official complaint. I hope not!
Take 440 channelocks and knock the hell out of that thing like mark does lololo:devil3:

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,210 (Edited)
“He who has a why to live can bear almost any how”. -Nietzsche

How rich should you be to buy an exotic car? - YouTube

So I had ordered a small lambo gallardo for the van, it turned out it was way too small just a little bigger than a hot wheels! So I ordered another one and the GF wanted me to get the yellow with black wheels. Not sure if I want to get a yellow one in real life.

Every tough or late job or crazy joes I'll be rubbing the car like a good luck charm or like Dorothy "there's no place like home"

I'm all set now!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,211
Today a haggler type guy calls wanting a new dishwasher install. I've stopped doing jobs for them but this one seemed more respectable and he agreed to the price. I step into this brand new modern house, nothing inside except a new fridge, new dishwasher, gas stove, laundry machines all in their wrappings.

Once I'm done he asks me to hook up the brand new washing machine and dryer, he then says my mother has her own apartment downstairs with the same new set, make me a good deal. Here we go, I wasn't having it, I said you already signed the rate, that's the rate. You pay for my time and you will pay my time to get stuff at the store... He said ok.

Same thing in the apartment below, all brand new appliances and all of a sudden a big delivery truck backs up with all new furniture! I ask the guy what do you do? I won't say what he does exactly but he's probably making 400K or more working at the hospital. I went to get parts and when I came back the garage door was open will a mercedes that looked like a sports model worth 170K or more.

I won't say what I was thinking at the moment, a good slap in the back of the head would of been nice. Then he thought the rate was less than what was written on the page in the first place. What a freaking insult.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,214 (Edited)
5:30 PM Saturday Night

Woman calls saying they have someone remove the vanity(I bet it's a hack) she tried to explain the situation and it wasn't making any sense because she was trying to find a way not to mention they had hired one. Her boyfriend took the line and tried to hide it too. Anyway while doing so he pulled the pipes with it and they heard a crack. Now it was leaking heavily in the wall and dripping downstairs and they had to shut down the main. Now they were looking for someone to open the wall to make the repairs

Sure it'll be this much...

We'll think about it.

Hahaha whatever good luck finding a cheap pirate plumber, my Chinese food take out is almost ready. :vs_laugh::vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Another blocked caller.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,215
Guy calls today saying he got a prefab house erected about a month ago and he thinks the vent is leaking because it's dripping down. He wanted an estimate because the factory wanted some prices to fix it.

Sure it'll be this much $$ for my time to give out a price.

He was dumbfounded why I was going to charge him. He was asking why he should pay!

They don't have any warranties, what about the plumbers who were in there? He said he'd contact the manufacturer to see if they would pay my visit. Yeah yeah whatever. What kind nonsense is this?

·
philosopher and statesmen
7,305 Posts
I got a bad review on Google today from a snowflake.....

I did not have the time to get involved in a gas leak with the house shut down, so I referred the call to someone else...

It turned out the lady did not get along with the gas repair man so they tangled because he would not listen to her advice as to how to repair the many leaks in her house...

the guy lost his cool , took his tools and left..... and somehow I get a bad review on google cause she thinks he works for me......

I had to call her and explain that this is another company but I dont think she is ever going to take down the review.... The guys that came out had their company shirts on that should have been enough for this dingbat to realize it was not my company...

She has no heat tonight and she says she wants to wait on someone who is out of town right now to show up next week cause he sounded sweet and nice on the phone... I told her how do you know he will actually want to do the job next week????

So I told her to call around and get some estimates to re-pipe the mess in her basement..... I gave her another name of a Plumber that could come out and give her a free estimate..... lady is dumb as a brick.

I got on google and told her to please not give me another bad review if she does not like the estimate or the people that come out to give you the estimate:vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

Her review makes her look like a complete dumbass.
but Google will not take down the review either.......
....:vs_laugh::vs_laugh:

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Guy calls today saying he got a prefab house erected about a month ago and he thinks the vent is leaking because it's dripping down. ....

I had one modular house where the vent coming up in the first floor wall was never hooked to the vent coming down in the first floor wall. Behind the wall the dryer was on, the ends of the pipes were only 4 feet apart in the same studbay. Talk about someone drinking on the job lolz. Phucking drywall guys should have said something too!!!

Took that institution like 7 years and 3 complaining tenants to finally have us come in and find out what the smell was. I went around smelling the electrical sockets and switches and found it.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,218 (Edited)
I got a bad review on Google today from a snowflake.....

I got a bad review as well, on monday, the guy complained on the high price even though I told him on the phone and he signed with the rate written on the work order. He also complained on the price of parts that I was ripping him off. Anyway he said he had other renos and hired another company where they sent 2 guys and they told him my rate was commercial rate(WTF??). He didn't leave his real name so I don't know who he is.

I was tempted to call the association to have a case opened up on them because it's against the code of ethics to condescend another company but who knows what could happen with the kangaroo court and it could backfire on me.

So I did the next best thing, to write an eloquent reply. I wonder though it seems all I got this week are price inquiries and almost no jobs at all.

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Strange text from my former master. I could write a book about his fck ups, personal and business wise, but that’s all water under the bridge. I’ve done work for him at his house, he’s referred me, ran into him and a customer of ours at my buddy’s brewery last week. His best friend from the Corps wants nothing to do with him because of his personal/family decisions... last I heard he’s traveling the country installing on demand heaters. That kinda got shut down by COVID.

Don’t know what to think about this. I still consider him a friend of sorts. I ran his company for over two years while he smoked weed, did estimates and tried the reality show scene.

Thinking he’s lost all his friends because of his decisions.

Attachments

·
Registered
942 Posts
Go a call last weekend about pricing out running a waterline and electrical conduit in the same trench. Go out and price it, I’ll be a day. With the mini and skiddy. Plus material so $2000.00. Guy oh I thought it’d be like 200$. Lol your 45 minutes from the shop. 200$ wont even get my truck out of the yard.

1201 - 1220 of 1257 Posts