Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Casual Observer
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a heads up...after working a 12 hour day out in the sun and heat restoring a water service one of my guys collapsed with heat stroke yesterday. Fortunately I had one of my other plumbers there helping him get finished up and he was able to call 911. They cooled him, pumped him full of fluid, and kept him overnight to check for organ damage. I spoke to him this morning when they released him and he was feeling better but something like this highlights the importance of taking care of ourselves. It was only about 95 in Texas yesterday and he wasn't concerned since he knows it isn't even the "hot time of year" yet.

I imagine that even some of you guys in Yankee country (anything north of the Red River) need to be aware of this as well. Heat is relative and your body has to adjust. Come August in Dallas and 95 will be a cool front but we have to be careful no matter what the thermometer says. Take care of yourselves, drink plenty of water and Gatorade and make sure to take short breaks to cool off if you are going to be outside or God forbid, in an attic.

http://www.medicinenet.com/heat_stroke/article.htm

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, it's not often we get those temps here, for extended times, but they do hit us, we even went home once early cause to temps were too great. New const can be hard on one, drink plenty of water, that's a must do. Supply ice water to the men if you have to, the cost of you supplying the water will cost less then a man going down do to the heat.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Very true, thanks for the reminder.:thumbsup:
Hope everything goes good with him.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 3 of 3 Posts