Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Tankless may save fuel, but it wastes water. The average shower is limited to what's in the tank---50 gallons is the norm. With a tankless, there's unlimited water usage.

I want to be the fly on the wall when the first water bill comes after installing the tankless in the home of 5 girls and a Jacuzzi tub. :laughing:

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Funny you should mention that plumber. Was talking with the Rinnai rep the other day, and he was telling me a story of the very same thing. Guy has like four daughters and the showers were lasting up to 30 minutes a piece with the R-95 he had installed. The guy figured out that after 10 minutes, he could simply turn the rinnai off with the controller. Now the guy is looking for some kind of timer to controll how long thw unit will run at one time..

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Never thought about tankless wasting water. When I was teen, I would fill up the tub and soak until the water was luke warm. Let half out and refill with more hot until my Dad got wise. It was many years before I figured out that when he was home and I would try to refill, the water would always be cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts