Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
canuckPlumBbob
874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These comercial kitchen sink mounted faucets always seem to be loose and flopping around, decided to try some shower lock 90's today.
Worked like a charm nice an tight, only thing i found was the escushions dont sit flush to the sink cause of the lock 90.
What have you guys done with these?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
I like these flanges sink ell fittings with a close nipple nipple in faucet and through sink hole and then the sink ell nice and tight up against the backside of the sink It seems to work good. It's been a while since I did one and last time I used a big washer or 2 on the backside to make it work.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
I like these flanges sink ell fittings with a close nipple nipple in faucet and through sink hole and then the sink ell nice and tight up against the backside of the sink It seems to work good. It's been a while since I did one and last time I used a big washer or 2 on the backside to make it work.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk
That’s how I do it. You then stand a chance of changing the faucet without removing the sink.

·
Registered
428 Posts
These comercial kitchen sink mounted faucets always seem to be loose and flopping around, decided to try some shower lock 90's today.
Worked like a charm nice an tight, only thing i found was the escushions dont sit flush to the sink cause of the lock 90.
What have you guys done with these?
One thing to keep in mind- some sinks don’t have a deep enough backsplash to squeeze all that back there.

·
Registered
9,554 Posts
We use/stack large galv. Steel washers as spacers between the s.s. Splash and the brass fitting. Even a close nipple usually needs one or two

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
and a drop of silicone between each washer helps keep it all together and from shifting when they bang big pots into the faucet..

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
You could also use a 1/2" romex nut or cut the end off of a coupling.

·
Registered
4,714 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
We don't get the kits with the supply lines...BTW I HATE tands part#'s they suck...exact same part # comes with and without the supply lines I can't tell the difference.

I checked our local ferguson and they have 17 of the kits in stock try the fergy #'s:
ITEM #: 2971690
Manufacturer Part #: 680796

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
I use a sink ell and a rosette for copper, for pex, use a de 90 & a 1/2" ips escutcheon.

What is a sink ell? You mean a drop eared elbow like for a shower arm?

What is a rosette?

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
Rosette is a french word meaning decorative round or looking like a rose. AKA a chrome escutcheon.

I don't think he means an escutcheon because he uses the word escutcheon later in his sentence to refer to an escutcheon.

We are talking about a wall mount two handle faucet with 8" centers(typically) mounted to the back wall of a stainless 2/3 bay sink correct? If so where would he need escutcheons? All of those types of faucets I have ever seen all come with the eccentric union fittings that have an escutcheon built in.

I looked up sink elbow and I think he is referring to what we would just call a "1/2" sweat by flanged fip adapter. But as has been stated, even with a close nipple you still have a gap on stainless. We typically set the sink, mark centers, pull the sink, mount drop eared elbows to the wall, and then set the sink/faucet using brass nipples. This also helps keep the sink anchored to the wall so the caulk joint at the top edge doesn't get ripped apart letting sprayed water drip behind the sink.

We also usually drill holes in the top corners of the backsplash of the sink and screw it directly to the wall too. If you think that is over kill remember that this is a commercial application and we get to charge significant markup on a 1000$ sink and 400$ faucet, the customer expects it to be solid for decades.

Attachments

Reactions: MASTRPLUMB

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
I use a sink ell and a rosette for copper, for pex, use a de 90 & a 1/2" ips escutcheon.

What is a sink ell? You mean a drop eared elbow like for a shower arm?

What is a rosette? [/QUOTE

Pic of rosette washers.

As far as using the drop ear 90 and ips escutcheon, I’m assuming he means placing the backside of the escutcheon against the back side of the sink on close nipple then DE 90. Kind of squishes the escutcheon. Just a guess though?

Attachments

1 - 18 of 18 Posts