·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts

·
philosopher and statesmen
8,605 Posts
any maintaince???

I got a cow in my basement.

I can get milk on demand, as much as I want.

wow...you can get all the milk you want , endless hot milk

but dont you still got
to grab those utters and yank them every morning at 5am.
or the cow gets rather fussey with you???.:laughing::laughing:.

isnt that like scheduled maintaince???:laughing::yes:..

·
8,605 Posts
no thank you

MasterMark - I get that you don't see the value in tankless. However, if a customer really wanted one and was willing to pay for it, would you install it?

am I driveing my point home a little too much here..???
I am sorry if I am annoying and irritating some of you.....

no, Plumbcrazy.... I would probably let 3pk have it for a $200 finders fee.
and then its his problem to keep them happy down the road....

I have talked a lot of people out of them...and installed Rheem pro 75s
I am trying to build up a happy client base, not sell them something I morally
dont believe in like some of the big companies do in town .....

. Its sort of hard to tell someone the pay back is in 22+years......

anyway,,,,,
whats this got to do with the cow in Dunbars basement??.

·
8,605 Posts

·
I Married Up
16,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
IPC 2009 Section 424 states max temp for tubs and showers is 120deg F.

Code does allow for a max temp of 140 for domestic hot water per Section 501 but this does not trump the tub/shower limit.

The only code approved way to provide 140 in the kitchen is to have a tempering valve for the hot water to the tub and/or shower. Also, striving for a 140 setting is risky since 140.0001deg F would not be allowed.

An argument could also be made that the limiting device on many faucets such as Delta tub/shower faucets would not be compliant unless they actually are based on temperature. With Delta, this would be the TempAssure series. Most with hot water limit stops only will still allow for water hotter than 120 if the water heater is set too high.

There is potential for HUGE liability for the plumber that sets a water heater above 120deg F without also providing properly tempered water to the bathroom.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
Dishwasher has its own booster heater to raise it where it needs to be. Washing machine? Unique personal preference maybe. Code says not that hot... how do you argue with that one?
Bosch and Meile want 140 degree water to their units. We have had complaints about dishes not drying completely. They work on the dehumidification drying process.

Bosch also recomends purging the hot water line to the kitchen faucet, before starting the dishwasher.

·
www.noblehvac.com
589 Posts
Dishwasher has its own booster heater to raise it where it needs to be. Washing machine? Unique personal preference maybe. Code says not that hot... how do you argue with that one?
I'm not arguing. My dishwasher doesn't have a built in heater. When I used to do new construction we would run 2 hot lines 1 would be 120 for lavs and tubs. The other would be 140. that would feed the washer and dish washer.
For my house I like to take a hot shower. 120 wouldn't cut it. It wouldn't be bad to pre heat and then have it dump into a nother heater.

·
8,605 Posts
most of my customers

I'm not arguing. My dishwasher doesn't have a built in heater. When I used to do new construction we would run 2 hot lines 1 would be 120 for lavs and tubs. The other would be 140. that would feed the washer and dish washer.
For my house I like to take a hot shower. 120 wouldn't cut it. It wouldn't be bad to pre heat and then have it dump into a nother heater.

120 dont cut it, that is basically just a tad higher than pisswater....and most of my customers want the heater turned up to 130 --35...

I show them how to do it themselves, and I put on the invoice that it was on low when installed it.. what they do after I leave is at their own risk ..if they have young kids, then I usually warn them to be careful if they decide to turn it up

Once winter time comes and the water comes into the house like a ice cold slushey at about 40 degrees, then they complain on how the heater cant keep up at a wimpy 120....
its called stratification....

of course with a tankless ,
that in-comming winter slush water really makes it work very, very hard:laughing::yes:

oopps, I did it again....

·
Registered
6,326 Posts
120 dont cut it, that is basically just a tad higher than pisswater....and most of my customers want the heater turned up to 130 --35...

I show them how to do it themselves, and I put on the invoice that it was on low when installed it.. what they do after I leave is at their own risk

Once winter time comes and the water comes into the house like a ice cold slushey at about 40 degrees, then they complain on how the heater cant keep up at 120....
its called stratification....

of course with a tankless ,
that in-comming winter slush water really makes it work hard:laughing::yes:

oopps, I did it again....

I may be a bit north of you, but this slush thing must have something to do with the way the your water lines are run. Cause up here, the ground is a constant temp where our line are, therefore, the temp stays a constant 52 degrees.

In the words of Britney Spears "Oops I did it again." Boo-Yah!!!

81 - 100 of 129 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.