Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I don't sell them for economic reasons at all, I sell them for convenience. People don't have a regular water heater because it's cheaper than not having hot water, they like the convenience of not having to boil water every time they want to take a bath. We've all gotten used to this convenience and take it as a given now. Tankless heaters just take this convenience further. I don't sell the dog **** out of them though. :) I really need to find somebody that's not looking to save money but rather somebody who wants the other benefits (endless hot water, space savings, high tech geeks, etc.). I think they're great so long as you understand their limitations and know what they will do and how they'll perform in different installations. I've seen a ton of folks with tankless heaters that are soured on them now because they were promised the world and what they got was a crappy tankless install that wasn't thought out and most likely undersized to save $$$.

Paul

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I have a querstion.............How many plumbers actually have them in their home?

I do! :clap:

I've had an exterior Rinnai 84 for the last 5 1/2 years and have had no problems. I've flushed it and that's it. Our house is small and by going tankless I got an extra closet in the house and didn't have to deal with an ugly water heater dog house on the side of the house.

Pretty sure Randy (RSP) has one too.

Paul

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.