Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
who has used one or more for a snow melt job?

any do's and dont's?

i just used one for a snow melt job and it worked great it took me a while to get the flow rates right but it works awsome.....

i used a rheem commercial unit

just over 1100sqft......

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2 pumps on the feed taco 010 there are 2 manifolds..... 007 on return with a small close spaced t loop...

i love the rheem tank less heaters have installed dozens never any call backs and there priced fair

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Did Rheem approve the flow rate of the pumps? I know that Rinnai recommends a pump to use with their heaters, for the flow rate and that, yours must be on some type of T-state?

good to know rheem tankless are better then their tank type :)

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope toggle switch .....just a basic snow melt control install.....the pumps give it enough flow so the heater ramps up to max BTU out put....my biggest issue was getting debris out of system tiny little filter kept geting clogged from dope and flux

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have a switching relay that has the 2 wire ran across the attic down to a wall switch when you flip the switch it tells the switching relay to turn on the pumps the heater fires and keeps running untill they turn it off......its not uncommon in theses parts to do it this way with a CI boiler for a snow melt system i used a tankless instead

·
Registered
14 Posts
snow melt probs

I'm also using a Rinnai for a snow melt. First time. Can't seem to trick it to stay on. I've got about 900 ft. of 1/2" tubing. I'm using a Grundfos 1/25 and I'm going to try the 1/6 (high head) next. Should it be on the supply or the return side? I get different answers from the reps. What about an expansion tank (also different answers).

·
Registered
14 Posts
Are you gonna kill me if I tell you I'm an architect. I work in the indoor pool industry. I'm used to pool plumbing engineering, indoor radiant design, and intermediate boiler install.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Sounds like you directly involved in the plumbing industry to me.

Welcome to PZ Dude.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
If every one is cool with it, lets talk about my prob and I'll help the same.
May I say that by starting a separate thread you will get more responses. Placing it within a thread it may get lost.

Just a suggestion:thumbsup:

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
i have a switching relay that has the 2 wire ran across the attic down to a wall switch when you flip the switch it tells the switching relay to turn on the pumps the heater fires and keeps running untill they turn it off......its not uncommon in theses parts to do it this way with a CI boiler for a snow melt system i used a tankless instead
That's a warranty killer. Can't do that with tankless....

Can the Op calk head in his return line? And what pumps are being used? How are they being controled?

I gotta do some things but will review later tonight.

·
Always Something
1,369 Posts
wait a minute...what the hell thread am I on.....errr

1 - 16 of 16 Posts