Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,481 Posts
Funny how it's 1 of 1 worth millions of dollars and they uses pieces of scrap wood to make a rickety ramp to bring it down from the trailer. haha!
A few more rounds in the kangaroo court and it’s all yours! Just have win every time.😉

Oh, you just have to watch for potholes, so don’t drive it in Michigan....

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
A few more rounds in the kangaroo court and it’s all yours! Just have win every time.😉

Oh, you just have to watch for potholes, so don’t drive it in Michigan....
Did you know my Corvette is lower than a Gallardo? Yes indeed, the aero package is 4" off the ground and I constantly have to watch the road and zig zag. There's many streets I avoid and some places with 2 lanes where I mentally know in advance I have to switch from the right then slalom to the left. Another are many speedbumps I have to take at an angle and also watch store curbs, some places I have to park somewhere else and walk. The weird thing is that a lot of people lower their Corvettes, that's crazy.

One thing I realized is that I can't take a certain street to come back because at the light is where there's a homeless shelter, At the red light I've had a few push their head through the open car window to mumble about the car.

Corvettes here are not as abundant as in the US and relatively scarce, I've had a few people follow me from the highway all the way into the parking lot wanting to get a better view or to see what brand it was. I had many take pictures, some took videos, also many tried to race, especially pick up trucks! I found it strange based on the forums mustangs who want to race corvettes however not a single mustang tried to race me this summer.

·
Super Moderator
7,467 Posts
It was a very sad day yesterday. I had a one hour ride before I had to bring in my car for storage for the winter. I did a few pulls never exceeding 10 over the limit as I didn't want to get caught on my last ride and sure enough exactly where they hide a cop waiting for a culprit. He wasn't going to catch a black Vette that day.

I had bought 300$ tire saver ramps and had brought tools to remove the battery but the guy said we weren't allowed to do that or put my tire saver. He said he would disconnect the battery but 300$ out the window and those ramps and the tires at 1700$ better not have flat spots. I'm probably going to have to buy a new battery., its going to weaken it too much. I should of checked the other place out of the city but it would of been a problem getting back in a taxi.

4 months and 8 days before I get the car back in April. The guy wouldn't even let me in the garage or take pics but I saw a few Ferraris and Porches without a cover. It was dusty in there and several car must of been there for years with a thick mat of dust. At least the guy was going to put my cover on.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts