Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
1st picture we have the old plastic trailer T/S valve.

2nd pic is of the back side of the valve from an access hole that was cut by the previous plumber when he repiped the place from polybutylene to cpvc. Since he brought his risers up at a totally retarded angle I'll have to make some swing joints on the supplys to get'r plumb.

3rd pic. sweating up the valve. I keep all 4 versions of the valve stocked on the truck so that no matter what supply piping I'm dealing with I have a valve with connections configured to make my life easier.

4th and 5th pics. I cut 2 cross braces and pounded a flat spot in them. Then soldered to my tub/shower riser. Love that power cutter :thumbsup:.

Attachments

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1st 2nd and 3rd: valve roughed in.

4th and 5th: valve trimmed out.

Attachments

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1st: I cut in a 1/2" cpvc tee with a cpvc stop adapter and angle stop.

2nd: 3/8" pex ice line connected and dropped.

3rd: Ice line under trailer.

4th: Replaced 3/4" boiler drain outside.

Done...........OK, so how much?

Attachments

·
Registered
567 Posts
$1600

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Did you use a rotozip to cut the hole in the tub for the valve, or what did you use?

·
Registered
567 Posts
How do you like that Milwaukie pipe cutter?

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶&#
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
To cover the 2 holes from the previous valve. If I have to cut a hole anyway, why not trace it out to the silhouette of the smitty plate.

I'd probably do it for right around a G.

Why cut such a huge hole in the shower if there's an access panel behind?

Paul

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
OH, crappola, I thought you were asking how much for just the icemaker, and new hosebib. I was thinking, old RSP could have ran that icemaker, and changed out that hose bib in about 35 minutes.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Hope some handyman doesn't try to jerk the cartridge out of the valve when it sticks...you lnow how dem moens do.:laughing: I bet that cpvc would snap like toothpicks. Good job and good payday.......you really cant dictate what materials are used in your area unless your doin new work,you just hafta work with whats out there doing repair work.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts