Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a taco valve model 555-050RP. I have 4 zones to my boiler. The 3rd zone does not activate the boiler. When I checked the voltage across 1 and 2, I get 23.3 volts when the thermostat is turned up of course. I have jumpered the thermostat but I am not getting 25 volts to the taco valve. I have already replaced the taco valve before checking the voltage, because I assumed this was the problem. I was thinking I may have a wiring issue, but my wires going from the 3rd to the 4th valve are working properly because the 4th zone works fine. What should I check next to find out why the 3rd zone is not getting enough power and how do I fix it?

·
Registered
Master Plumber
292 Posts
I am using a taco valve model 555-050RP. I have 4 zones to my boiler. The 3rd zone does not activate the boiler. When I checked the voltage across 1 and 2, I get 23.3 volts when the thermostat is turned up of course. I have jumpered the thermostat but I am not getting 25 volts to the taco valve. I have already replaced the taco valve before checking the voltage, because I assumed this was the problem. I was thinking I may have a wiring issue, but my wires going from the 3rd to the 4th valve are working properly because the 4th zone works fine. What should I check next to find out why the 3rd zone is not getting enough power and how do I fix it?
If it’s the one that looks like a bee hive you want 120v

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
are you a licensed plumber?? post a proper intro or all you will get are your balls broken....besides thats what you get for using those crap valves, shoulda gone with honeywells...

·
Registered
5,904 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Taco valve seems to go bad on the same zone all of the time. What size transformer should I have for a 4 zone system?

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
The Taco valve seems to go bad on the same zone all of the time. What size transformer should I have for a 4 zone system?
I don't know, you'd have to call a licensed plumber who deals with heating or an hvac tech. Different states have different coverage under different licenses.

Reactions: Tango
1 - 11 of 11 Posts