Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first t.v. commercial went on yesterday. Its as bad as a rural plumbing company commercial gets...:laughing:

Luckily, I'm running it on one of those oldie stations that run Leave It to Beaver 10 times a day. I'll perfect it until it looks halfway decent, then go to cable.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Let us see it, you have a link to it somewhere?

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Good for you plumber. I have been looking into advertising with a local news channel here for ABC. But, its a little pricy and I heard the camera adds about 15 extra lbs.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll see about uploading it somehow.

If you look at the quality of most local spots, they're far below a spot on ABC...for a good reason. The production was free on a verbal 3 month contract of 400.00/month for 300 15 sec ads. The ad was done in-house at the station and this ain't Hollywood.

Over time, the ad will morph to something I'll comfortable with enough to run prime time.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
It seems like only the franchises have top quality commercials. When I looked into a cable ad the price was reasonable. Then I saw an ad they made for a local A/C contractor. The ad was horrible, so I didn't sign on.

Let us know if it actually brings in some leads. I can tell you radio does not work well.

·
I aint CPV see in it?
4,896 Posts
Niether does the bottom scroll line on the local Weather channel, or the regular weather channel. You know, The weather channel, with that bald midget guy, Jim cantore.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
Niether does the bottom scroll line on the local Weather channel, or the regular weather channel. You know, The weather channel, with that bald midget guy, Jim cantore.
I hate when the weatherman points at something on the map and it's covered up by a company's logo.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Someone saw the commercial! I'm shocked! It was only the hardware store geek, but at least he saw it and remembered.

·
new nickname:Quaker State
1,204 Posts
Now Stephanie Abrams, she is the bomb. ummm hmmmm

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
maybe he's not such a geek?
Yeah, he is, but he's my geek. I feed him 20s and he gets me jobs.

The female voice over is in a very sexy voice. I wanted it to be really sexy, but got shouted down.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
You could just have a chick in a towel standing there holding a plunger saying your company name for 15 seconds and it will get a better response than anything.:thumbup:

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I had a tv ad for 13 weeks on cable, no response.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't of worked; just meant I didn't spend enough air time to make it work.

30 second ad, 1 frame, just a lot of talk mentioning my name numerous times. I need to get it where I put it on youtube and that then comes back to life, money well spent.

I've got a radio ad as well, don't know how to load it here to do the clip.

MUSIC~!!!

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
How big is the audio file?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I had a tv ad for 13 weeks on cable, no response.

That doesn't mean it wouldn't of worked; just meant I didn't spend enough air time to make it work.

30 second ad, 1 frame, just a lot of talk mentioning my name numerous times. I need to get it where I put it on youtube and that then comes back to life, money well spent.

I've got a radio ad as well, don't know how to load it here to do the clip.

.wav file
I figure that its a long term investment and would be surprised if anyone call right after seeing the ad. Its more of a branding thing--a back up for my _ing yellow page ads.

I can't do radio here because the radio manager is mad at me.

I did bus ads for years until I got kicked off so they could overcharge McDs. I miss my bus ads.

EDIT: Dunbar---that's a good ad.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts