Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Right now it seems it's worse than it has been. Pvc is out of control with constant price increases. I'm having trouble getting watts brand stuff. One of my supply houses says that some of the toilet company's have limited him as to what he can buy based on past year's orders. I guess to try to prevent people from over stocking much like the toilet paper hoarding that had happened.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Certified DIY Advisor (Terms and conditions apply)
288 Posts
Can't find a 40g or a 50g for 100 miles here. No tanklesses, and we're extremely short of SDR. You're very lucky if you find any.

You can still get ABS here, but basic fittings like p-traps have been out for weeks at every supplier.

PVC is gone

Lord have mercy

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Can't find a 40g or a 50g for 100 miles here. No tanklesses, and we're extremely short of SDR. You're very lucky if you find any.

You can still get ABS here, but basic fittings like p-traps have been out for weeks at every supplier.

PVC is gone

Lord have mercy
Very strange, I can’t figure out what changed in the last couple months.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
R.S.E., Master Plumber
1,398 Posts
ABS pipe and fittings are back in full stock in Toronto, still up about 15-20%.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
ABS pipe and fittings are back in full stock in Toronto, still up about 15-20%.
Same here, we have darn near everything in stock but some prices are just a bit higher than usual. Not sure why some of the guys on here are having such issues.

Interestingly, prier hosebibb vacuum breakers are taking a week to get instead of a day or two. Probably just my supply house though, I can't imagine those are in very high demand.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I just got a letter yesterday from a supply house saying my pricebook from February is not valid anymore as prices change daily now and it states some of the changes in price from February till now and I believe it said that PVC is up 80%. Inventory has been pretty consistent but I have noticed a bit more cases of "out of stock"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts