Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Story... in Poteau, OK there exists a supply house unlike anything I have ever seen in my life. It is piled high with only a few narrow isles. The yard is a grown up nightmare of weeds. The guy has fixtures in there from the early 70s. I saw them once when he was moving some other stuff. Man, I wish I had some digital pictures of the place. Maybe I can find my prints.

Your turn...

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
Ferguson sucks in my area. Home depot is better than them and you get better quality products. I can't see the incentive to do business with them.

We also have a small supply house that seems to be where retired master plumbers go. Show them an obscure part and they'll tell you everything about it. Great place. It's called Comet plumbing.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I like Consolidated and Keller Supply, agree Ferguson is no better then HD, there service in and out the door is on a scale of 1 to 10 they are a 4. Where HD is a 5.

·
Banned
239 Posts
yea ferguson blows.....i like the old supply houses that dont use computers......

there is a huge ferguson supply house around me ......they just shut down a smaller store closer to me....... for lack of sales

·
Plumbing Contractor
971 Posts
Supply houses

I like to use Winnelson for most of my business. They have a very good customer relations. Me or my Wife go there to get material, When my wife goes so do my kids 5 & 7 year old boys. Every once in while I take my boys with me when I know I'm having a very light day like getting material for the next day. but back to my story. The guys at that supply house give my kids flashlights,candy,and free soda pops. For some reason my youngest has to thumb wrestle everyone there. (He holds the state title of wins in there shop):laughing: Basically they treat us like family!

I use Lee supply as well. Just started useing them 2 months Not to bad of a company bu tdon't hae the customer relationship like I have with Winn yet. But they treat me OK though.

I use Ferguson Water Works for my Sewer and water main material I deal with one guy there only and So far I'm impressed with him!

I tried an New supply (Plumbers Supply) house to me 2 days ago bought an 230V piggyback float switch for a zoller sewer pump. around $40.00 for the part. About $15.00 cheaper than Lee quoted me. I'm going to give them a good size order tomorrow to see how they do.

Central Supply I won't use them unless I'm way out West. They are a Ok company. But one day I went n and bought a water heater from them. they asked who I usually deal with so I told them Winnelson. They called Winnelson to brag about me buying a water heater from them. WTF!:furious: SO they are my last resort!

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I stay away from Ferguson, and HD. Now Lowe's at least has a variety of things in a pinch. I tend to try and use VAMAC when in Richmond.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
LCR down here. They take care of 99.9% of our business. Coburns and Southern Pipe take care of the other .1%

1 - 9 of 9 Posts