Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like the submersible for its simplicity, connect, drop and run. While I prefer the Jet Pump, it does however take a bit more finesse to get it right. There seems to be so many things to get right with them, like if there is a grain of dirt stuck in the jet valve it will keep it from pumping up pressure.

I also like that the newer ones have a switch to convert from 110 to 220 where as the older ones you had to switch the wires around.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I never messed with the submersible pumps, as I don't have a puller or winch.I've replaced one in my career.If it's not the pressure switch or a bad tank ,or a leak,you better call a well guy,which sucks because I have a well myself ,and the thing may be quite deep as my water is ice-cold.Time will tell.:yes:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeh they suck when the top of the water is about 150 foot down and you have to pull it by hand. We do it that way all the time.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
My dad and I were certified to work on wells. We had an old wooden tripod with a pulley at the peak and a winch on one leg.

Then we used a pump jack and a loose pipe vise to secure the pipe.

Oh the joy when it was hung on poly instead of galvanized.

It's hard work for sure.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
I kinda like the submersible pretty well. Sunk a 3/4 horse water ace for my uncle not too long back w/ about 600' of polyethylene.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts