Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went on a job today, leak under Modular Home, not a water line leak, turned out to be a drain leak, I open vapor barrier and what do I see, a TV Cable passing through the dead center of a 1-1/2" LT 90 hub, what was the odds of hitting that pipe dead center and why could they not tell there was something there. :furious:

Unbelievable, no telling how long it was like that.

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
Went on a job today, leak under Modular Home, not a water line leak, turned out to be a drain leak, I open vapor barrier and what do I see, a TV Cable passing through the dead center of a 1-1/2" LT 90 hub, what was the odds of hitting that pipe dead center and why could they not tell there was something there. :furious:

Unbelievable, no telling how long it was like that.
HMMMMMMM maybe I should call that H.O. back who claimed her cable went out after I cleaned the tub drain out.:laughing: maybe shes not crazy after all:laughing:

·
Banned
6,437 Posts
The gas co here bored through a mans sewer with a 1.5" polyethlene yellow gas line and we went out to unlogg the sewer and hit the plastic with the cable and it would go any farther.....i noticed disturbed ground throughout the neighborhood and the city came out and ran the camera down the sewer and found the gas line chewed the hellz up. They repaired it all! All is well now.

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Cable Tv Installer

YES I USED TO GET A LOT OF THESE KIND OF CALLS WHEN I HAD A SHOP IN L.A.
IN FACT I WOULD CALL THE CABLE COMPANY'S TO SET MY CO. UP TO BE
THEIR EMERGENCY CALL PLUMBER
I HAD THEM DRILL A LOT OF WATER LINES, AND SOME GAS LINES AS WELL
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts
I like when the alarm companies hang their motion sensors and drill through the stack. Also seen gas companies and electric companies directional bore through the home owners sewers. Have to love all these guys keeping us in business like that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
around here its bell south doing the cross bores-i tell my guys not to run a cutting head first-get it draining and get out the camera. heard of multiple houses blowing up due to nat. gas cross bores in sewers after being chewed on by a root cutter.

·
every tool is a hammer
4,304 Posts
I had to cut open the back of a cabinet and the drywall to replace the drain tee for the kitchen sink. The security alarm guy drilled up from the basement, right in front of the vertical 2" drain line. Went right thru the throat of the tee. Then he put mastic over it. The outraged h/o called his boss and went ballistic. I had done some plumbing for the h/o's uncle, so I got the call. If the schmuck would have drilled 1-1/4" in either direction, he was golden. But noooooooo. He had to drill in the only place where he could do damage. What a chimp.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
When I was doing new residential in maryland we got a call forma lady.
"everytime my phone rings it leaks" went over there telephone man anchored her wall phone right where Our 3 inch stack to the upstairs bathwas run.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Once got a call on a about a brown streak running down the wall of a kitchen pantry, new house couple of months lived in. The guys who put up the ventilated shelving in the pantry mistook the 3" stack for a stud and attahed their shevling in four different spots:eek:

·
Registered
628 Posts
fence posts

in underground circuits. in and on water lines. in drains. 1 telephone guy cut an underground circuit. hvac guys cut drains out inside of house to put in heating runs. and of course not know anything about what happened. i would be paid to rectify. lol. breid

·
Super Moderator
1,844 Posts
Cable Tv Installer

I ONCE HAD A MOBILE HOME OWNER LIVING IN A MOBILE PARK DECIDE TO
PUT UP HIS OWN FENCE AROUND HIS LOT !
SO HE CALLED A LOCAL FENCE CO. IN TO DO THE WORK WITHOUT CHECKING
WITH ANYBODY OR GETTING PERMISSION FROM PARK MGR.
THE FENCE PEOPLE POWER DRILLED A POST HOLE RIGHT THOUGH A 4"
WATER MAIN FOR THE PARK JUST MISSING A 2" GAS MAIN SO CLOSE IT
NICKED SOME OF THE PROTECTIVE COVERING ON THE GAS PIPE ! :thumbup:

HAD TO SHUT DOWN WATER FOR ENTIRE PARK FOR OVER 4 HOURS WHILE I MADE REPAIRS TO PIPE ! :laughing:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts