Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
Service Plumber
219 Posts
Commercial building, six months after opening, the company I worked for then had installed the plumbing.
After numerous complaint of a problem section we tried to run a cable through the line with no success. ended up cutting concrete and removing drain line to find a spud wrench used by the iron workers during construction.

·
Registered
3,318 Posts
This one got me today. Dentist office said they had to plunge the toilet every third use for a few days. Used the closet auger to clear it. Tested with toilet paper and still backing up, ran auger a few more times and same thing. Pulled toilet and ran auger backwards to try and push out the blockage. I saw something bright white inside and was able to grab it with the hemo’s. It was a hotel key card.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Just ran into the same guy monday. A couple years back I was trying to auger his in-law apartment toilet above the garage. The whole apt. was only on a 1/2" copper line about 200' from the main house. He had ran the water himself decades ago and only ever intended to handwash his car with it. Toilet took ages to fill.

Ran auger several times and thought I got it clear, would try paper and still clogged! Pull toilet and camera waste line, clear. flip toilet over and find a couple handfuls of string beans. Wife had grown them in the garden, offered them to mother in-law. Mother in-law didn't want them, didn't want to schlep to dumpster, didn't want them in her kitchen garbage in case the wife saw them, thought she'd hurt her feelings.

I also had a priest put a plate of corned beef, cabbage, and diced potatoes & baby carrots down the toilet. Of course it never went anywhere and I had to shop vac it all out. Someone had given him the plate of food on st. patty's day and he didn't want it sitting in the garbage smelling. Also couldn't be bothered to cut it up. WTF.

·
Reverend, R.S.E., Master Plumber
Nice Head, what’s in the bag?
1,596 Posts
Pulled out of toilets;
Scissors, credit cards, expensive sun glasses, a t-bone from a steak, some Kate spade bangles, lighters, pens, toys, toilet paper holder, and Apple w/ a metal bracket
and a foam letter “B”.

After I removed the foam Letter B, I told the client “this clogged toilet was brought to you by the letter “B”!

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Ball of wax, little kid melted some candles into a ball and flushed it. Last summer a little kid flushed his pajama t-shirt. A couple weeks ago a hair brush and 2-3 years a go some type of female contraception.

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
Nice I pulled a few toilets that roots grew around the flange and back down the drain
Same. I pulled one like 5 years back, the whole underneath the toilet was cedar roots, very pungent. It was a seasonal cottage, the roots went up the side of the cast iron, ~18" in distance from the dirt to the bottom of the joists.

Reactions: Debo22
21 - 40 of 56 Posts