Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering some of the strange things pulled back on sewer calls. One time I was in a lawyers office. The building was moved to its current location around 100 years ago. The place is ancient. Well there was a clogged upstairs toilet they always had issues with. We only had our small machine on the truck so we ran it and it worked fine. We got a call back and brought the big machine. We couldn't get the cable to go more than about a foot. The guy I used to work with reached his arm in and found plywood from the last remodel which they claimed was in the 60's. We got the plywood out and things were fine again. Then we get another call back so we run the big machine again....about 25' foot in and we hit dirt. We dont have a camera so unfortunately that's the last I saw of the place but whoever got to go back was going to hate life. The upstairs drop cones into the crawl, offsets then goes into the ground and with the amount of cable we were still under the building and not outside in a very shallow crawl.

·
Banned
6,275 Posts
Pulled a drivers license out of a wc. Had to pull the wc and pull ut from the bottom. It was at a bar I worked at as a bar back when I was an apprentice and I knew the girl so the next nite a handed it to her and told her where I found it. She like to gag Lol.

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice. The guy who reached his arm into the drain on above story said when he was younger at the bar and broke he would get the round cap off the kegs and flush them. Small enough to go through the trap but large enough to not leave the toilet. He said he looked like a hero every time and drank all night for free every time.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Ran a job last year. 3 buildings, 90 unit apartment complex. Got a call for a toilet that wouldn't flush. 30' downstream, I could tell the head grabbed something. Worked it back and forth, but the machine was still torqueing up a little bit, and it stayed that way all the way back. There was a plastic wrapper from a bundle of CPVC pipe wrapped around the head. I played it off like I had no idea what it was in front of the tenant.

My supervisor at the time had raised a fuss with the GC about having to clean a drain, saying that we didn't put the drain pipe in clogged up, yadda, yadda.

I offered him the chance to buy the picture from me with beer, but he wouldn't pay up. So the next morning I sold the picture to the assistant GC for beer.:whistling2:

Before anyone gets all bent out of shape about me throwing my boss under the bus, we have all been working with those GC superintendants for a long time, and it is still something we all laugh about.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Motorola Razr that had some gold plating and a $500 reward sign posted on every billboard in the factory looking for it. I found it and took it to him in a ziploc, but he wouldn't pay up:laughing:. Hey if it wouldn't have been in the toilet my closet auger wouldn't have damaged it!

·
Registered
196 Posts
Numerous small plastic sandwich baggies that appeared to have held some illicit substance at one point. It was a rental. I think the tenants may have had to get rid of a bunch of "stuff" when the authorities knocked.

·
Il Lic. Plumber
129 Posts
A nice wooden and brass 4 foot level out of a cast iron stack . House was renovated a few years back . Still had the carpenters name on it . Homeowner said she was going to send him the bill

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
A nice wooden and brass 4 foot level out of a cast iron stack . House was renovated a few years back . Still had the carpenters name on it . Homeowner said she was going to send him the bill
years back we did a bunch of new houses and the azzhole roofers thought it would be funny to drop 16 oz plastic bottles down the roof vent..they didnt laugh when the builder deducted the cost of cutting out all the areas the bottles got wedged in from the balance he owed to the roofing company....

·
Registered
6,714 Posts
years back we did a bunch of new houses and the azzhole roofers thought it would be funny to drop 16 oz plastic bottles down the roof vent..they didnt laugh when the builder deducted the cost of cutting out all the areas the bottles got wedged in from the balance he owed to the roofing company....

I had to go check a flat roof drain that was backing up right after a new membrane install. New guy had swept clippings and stuff into the drain when the cage was off. I don't think he's the new guy anymore lolz.

Roofer paid the bill to open the wall and get the stuff out because I couldn't get it with the snake. He handled the issue well and they have continued to use him for other roof/carpentry stuff.

We all make mistakes. It's all about the recovery.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts