Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Hvac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m working on a 1,000,000 BTU boiler. Boiler is approx 7 yrs old. It is a two pipe steam system, it has a receiver tank and traps on any piping returning to tank and has 2 zone valves. For some reason the boiler is flooding and tank fills and drains out of overflow pipe this year. Water feed is through tank, float valve seems to be working properly. It also has a by pass to boiler, have already determined that by pass is not leaking. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this to happen.

·
Registered
4,809 Posts
I’m working on a 1,000,000 BTU boiler. Boiler is approx 7 yrs old. It is a two pipe steam system, it has a receiver tank and traps on any piping returning to tank and has 2 zone valves. For some reason the boiler is flooding and tank fills and drains out of overflow pipe this year. Water feed is through tank, float valve seems to be working properly. It also has a by pass to boiler, have already determined that by pass is not leaking. Anyone have an idea what could be causing this to happen.

Is the hartford loop clogged?

·
Registered
9,600 Posts
yes thats a common problem with an easy fix....

·
Registered
3,522 Posts

We have an ongoing discussion as to whether repair vs replace is better. If you are stumped, it's probably better to replace it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You could say, I'm a Master plumber with a boiler license and a septic installer license with 35+ years experience. Oh, wait, that's me. What's your qualifications?

·
Super Moderator
8,023 Posts

·
Registered
Hvac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You could say, I'm a Master plumber with a boiler license and a septic installer license with 35+ years experience. Oh, wait, that's me. What's your qualifications?
I’m a licensed hvac tech and have been installing and servicing equipment for over 32 yrs.

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I don't know guys, not a plumber.
We all need alittle help and advice from time to time from our colleagues, but I’m thinking after 32 years on the job, he’d know HVAC inside and out, or at the very least he’d have many resources to help him with this issue long before he went online to a “Plumbers Forum” for advice.
I’m about 25+ years in, I need some advice from time to time, but I give out way more advice to my Juniors, then I ask from my seniors.

I could be wrong, but that’s just my take.

But then again when I get a call from “Jeffery Smith” asking if I need a website or Google listing, I’m alittle suspect, ESP- when the phone number is coming from India,

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I have a soft spot for hvac techs so I would help but I don’t know anything about boilers

·
Premium Member
904 Posts
I have a soft spot for hvac techs so I would help but I don’t know anything about boilers
The word “Tecks”, in Toronto or the GTA usually means unlicensed/apprenticing or new to the job/trade.
I know some great “Tecks” that are 6 months in, and some that are 10-15-30years in.

·
Registered
Hvac
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We all need alittle help and advice from time to time from our colleagues, but I’m thinking after 32 years on the job, he’d know HVAC inside and out, or at the very least he’d have many resources to help him with this issue long before he went online to a “Plumbers Forum” for advice.
I’m about 25+ years in, I need some advice from time to time, but I give out way more advice to my Juniors, then I ask from my seniors.

I could be wrong, but that’s just my take.

But then again when I get a call from “Jeffery Smith” asking if I need a website or Google listing, I’m alittle suspect, ESP- when the phone number is coming from India,
Well I guess you have seen everything mr know it all. I never claimed to have seen every problem out there. If your so friggin smart solve the problem, no one asked your opinion my profession. Also I do have other resources to help with this problem but figured I’d see if anyone here could help, but that seems everyone has some dumb comments but no actuall useful information.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts