Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These things are sweet! I use them on water meter tie ins cause most of the down here have male threads. They are a little more costly but I like the reinforcement since I have seen alot of regular adapters crack down the middle.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Been a while since I done a meter tie in. Can not recall what I tied into it with. I use FIP adapters in 1/2 and 3/4 that have a brass end when working with CPVC instead of the regular CPVC FIP adapters. They too crack if over tightened.

·
Master Plumber
1,069 Posts
Before these showed up on the market I used 2 all stainless steel hose clamps on a schedule 80 female adapter. The screws were on opposing sides.

But no more. I love those schedule 80 FIPs with the SS ring.

·
Banned
8,808 Posts
I use a brass coupling when an FIP is needed.

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
On sch 80 water service. I use a brass male x sch 80 compression with the bolt you tighten to hold the compression together. Can't remember off the top of my head the proper name for that fitting. They are also made in FIP. Very good connection. Approved for underground use. With the way the ground usually settles on today's construction sites I would be leary of use a pvc female on a meter loop, stainless ring or not.

·
Registered
24 Posts
On sch 80 water service. I use a brass male x sch 80 compression with the bolt you tighten to hold the compression together. Can't remember off the top of my head the proper name for that fitting. They are also made in FIP. Very good connection. Approved for underground use. With the way the ground usually settles on today's construction sites I would be leary of use a pvc female on a meter loop, stainless ring or not.
Ford couplings I think thats what you're talking about and they are great for poly, pvc and copper. I use them for installing backflow assy on existing lines. they make life easy:thumbup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts