Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was the faucet I was messing with when the spider wanted to get frisky with me.

First pic makes me wonder if it is more efficient to not measure and just cut two wrong holes. Someone's eyeballs need calibration.

Cultured marble top, looks like the guys that cut the holes love to use the wallow it out unevenly method. Go figure since cultured marble is soft. Had the GC get me some big washers, this Altmans faucet didn't come with any or even show them in the parts diagram.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Ya gotta love counter/cabinet/tile guys. Even if you leave prints, or if they will be working there when the HO is home and leave the fixture for them to physical see it, my money is always on some kind of screw up. Odds are above 50% something will be wrong.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
Clear instructions to HO, repeated many times at various times when leaving a fixture with a customer is they are now responsible for any part and including the entire fixture if left with them. They own it after first payment and are responsible for it. 50% up front, 25% after rough, 25% on final. First payment covers fixtures plus some labor. Not responsible for material left in their care. In the contract.

·
Super Moderator
9,616 Posts
This was the faucet I was messing with when the spider wanted to get frisky with me.

First pic makes me wonder if it is more efficient to not measure and just cut two wrong holes. Someone's eyeballs need calibration.

Cultured marble top, looks like the guys that cut the holes love to use the wallow it out unevenly method. Go figure since cultured marble is soft. Had the GC get me some big washers, this Altmans faucet didn't come with any or even show them in the parts diagram.
The visual impression in the first pic is a good representation of their work I must say.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Standard bi metal wood hole saws cut through it with ease. If your going to making more than a few, a carbide core bit is what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts