Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has one?
I am gonna get one to add to the arsenal. I have the 2001 but my goodness its can get purty trying at times with limited room.
I will use the 300 for most mains and if I have to have more pwr I get the 2001 out. The 2001 will be the outside c/o only machine.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I run with the 300, interchangeable to the 100 drum in less than 5 minutes.

Saved me from having to buy 3 machines.

Going with pneumatic tires with barely any pressure in them makes the going up and down steps so much easier on the upper body.

Cushion ride. :thumbsup: My foot booties fit the tires perfectly, and the customer always acknowledges that I'm trying to protect their home.

The only complaint I have with the equipment is that I can't get 127' on the machine. It's pretty heavy at that point with inner-core.

Lots of plumbers in my area went to this smaller version of the 1065 since it more than provides enough torque to work in 6" lines and smaller.

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a 300 machine and a 1065 for heavier jobs where extra power and distance are needed.

Great machine for most mains. You won't be sorry. Where will you purchase it?
I will get it straight from my Spartan Rep.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I run with the 300, interchangeable to the 100 drum in less than 5 minutes.

Saved me from having to buy 3 machines.

Going with pneumatic tires with barely any pressure in them makes the going up and down steps so much easier on the upper body.

Cushion ride. :thumbsup: My foot booties fit the tires perfectly, and the customer always acknowledges that I'm trying to protect their home.

The only complaint I have with the equipment is that I can't get 127' on the machine. It's pretty heavy at that point with inner-core.

Lots of plumbers in my area went to this smaller version of the 1065 since it more than provides enough torque to work in 6" lines and smaller.
Even though I have the 100 also, I will get the adapters to. As it stands now, I have the 2001, 100, and the 81 on the truck at all times. I could end up with only the 81, 300, and a 100 drum on the truck at all times.
I put booties on my tires also, I get looks when I do that and the looks payoff:thumbsup:.

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
After watching an apprentice get his arm snapped like a twig from a drum machine that got bound up I will never use one again, the inertia can't be stopped with the switch on or off.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
i have a 300 with the adapter and i really like it. it's nice not to have 2 different machines for m/l and kitchen lines. i also but the booties on the wheels but mine are solid rubber, i'll have to look into what it will take to change over to pneumatic.

paul

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do you like Brian so far? If i am correct, that is your guy right?
Brian is awesome.
Since Brian it has been nice. If I call or email I get a return fairly fast. I have no worries. In the future I will probably get a 758 Jetter off of him.
Where abouts are you?

In Christ,

Song Dog

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
i have a 300 with the adapter and i really like it. it's nice not to have 2 different machines for m/l and kitchen lines. i also but the booties on the wheels but mine are solid rubber, i'll have to look into what it will take to change over to pneumatic.

paul

I believe the tires and the aluminum plates that mount to the machine was like $130-40 dollars.

I was trained on the hard wheels and between the marks that they would put on some floors along with that hard banging on the upper body going down steps, the cushioned drop over the steps makes a huge difference.

If I ever had time given my height, I'd love to fab a set of handles for my 300 that is 1.5' taller and bends at a 45 degree angle back at me with pivot points that are spring tensioned into position.

That way when I go to pull the machine up steps, there's give to the handles and makes it easier to maneuver that weight over the small bumps like threshholds or small step downs. That and the tires you'd forget it was heavy.

·
Banned
1,595 Posts
I've had the same 300 for. ... I can't even remember. It's been at least 7 or 8 years. The booties on the tires, I never thought of that. What a great idea, thanks! I have the original hard wheels still, didn't know you could change them.
The 300 has proven itself to be a great machine. Still have the original double 50's cables on it, still running strong. Have never done any maintenance other than keeping the cable oiled.
Anyone do any other maintenance on their 300 other than keeping the cable oiled?
I mostly do 4" and sometimes 3" sewers, it's perfect for the job.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I felt bad today:

A friend of mine who's a Master Plumber as well, called me this morning and I missed the call.

He needed to borrow a 25' section of cable since we both have 300's.

I didn't return his call fast enough and when I called back, he drove almost 40 minutes to a supply house that has the only cables for Spartan in the area.

He paid $330.00 for a 75' innercore 5/8". :eek::eek:

I apologized and told him to take it back, I'll meet him and just give him my 300 drum and he can pull the sections he needs off of it.

I don't like cables that long. 25' sections as I can count the ends for distance and if I wipe a cable out, it's a lot cheaper than an entire cable that long.

He said that's the first time he's had to replace one in 5 years so he's doing good on that note. I talked him into that machine and he absolutely loves it. It's just the right size for most jobs and doesn't weigh 4 tons moving it around.

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I prefer my RIDGID K-7500 anyday. Spartan are great machines, but I never liked the weight of them, nor the metal drums. Why not plastic, rustless drums like RIDGID?

I wish spartan ran plastic drums...the rust can really make for problems with trying to keep splash out minimized.

The weight is another issue as well. Give it time though, JERRYMAC will be here and he'll say, "Why not a Trojan?" :thumbup:

I could own a ridgid drum machine if I didn't have a spartan, but I'll never probably ever have to buy another machine....they just run forever.

Come to think of it...

I haven't done a main drain since I did that dead body drain at the funeral home...

I might have the curse... :jester:

·
No Longer at This Address
4,710 Posts
I prefer my RIDGID K-7500 anyday. Spartan are great machines, but I never liked the weight of them, nor the metal drums. Why not plastic, rustless drums like RIDGID?
I'm fairly certain a K7500 and a 2001 weigh about the same. The Spartan has a few extra features but costs a lot more for features I wouldn't use anyways.

Mark

1 - 20 of 35 Posts