Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Go to a hobby store that sells expensive RC cars/planes. They should have a spot welder if you want a custom pack. but really, just get pics that show the number of cells and I can find you one online.
You just gave me an idea! My master has a nephew or something that’s into r/c’s big time! We did a water heater for a custom Power Wagon r/c.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
You just gave me an idea! My master has a nephew or something that’s into r/c’s big time! We did a water heater for a custom Power Wagon r/c.
And that’s a nogo. The guy fell off the face of the earth. Nobody knows where he is. Son of the brother he doesn’t talk to.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Reactions: OpenSights

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
what does the battery mount into? is it the camera head or the base unit? how much room do you have to play with on fitting in a battery?

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
what does the battery mount into? is it the camera head or the base unit? how much room do you have to play with on fitting in a battery?
Base unit. Plenty of room for a Milwaukee battery.

I don’t know, and really don’t want to take the chance of frying a camera with the wrong battery. From what I gather, the battery powers the WiFi transmitter and is recharged when the unit is plugged in. Supposedly you can run it not plugged in for so long. I know the unit is worth trying to save because I could still locate with it.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I don't know what your camera looks like but if you could integrate this into the body you could use these Milwaukee packs.

View attachment 128794 View attachment 128795
That could definitely work size wise, but will the voltage, amps and charger work and not fry any of the other components?

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
That could definitely work size wise, but will the voltage, amps and charger work and not fry any of the other components?
From what you've given me for info so far, I think so yes. But until you get me some more pics I can't be 100% certain.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If only one cell is dead, I have a bunch of backup batteries for my flashlight. Resistor or diode might be bad too. I don’t see any swelling.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
More involved as I get into it. I’m thinking of just buying from Spartan.
All you need is a 3s3p pack made of 18650s with a built in charging circuit. That's not a resistor a diode, it's a thermistor for shutting the circuit if the pack gets too hot.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I'm willing to bet spartan buys their packs from tenergy, looks identical. Call up tenergy and ask.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
I will definitely call them! Thanks! Ya think I can use these single cell batteries for my flashlight? They look the same....
Yeah, that's what I do when my old power tool packs die. Usually only one of the cells has schit the bed. I will use them all to dead and the first time I charge them I write on them how much they took to recharge so I know which ones are the best.

I have a couple nextar vc4 chargers with displays that tell you that stuff. I even use it to check old alkaline cells by popping them in for a moment to see their voltage.

·
Super Moderator
8,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Yeah, that's what I do when my old power tool packs die. Usually only one of the cells has schit the bed. I will use them all to dead and the first time I charge them I write on them how much they took to recharge so I know which ones are the best.

I have a couple nextar vc4 chargers with displays that tell you that stuff. I even use it to check old alkaline cells by popping them in for a moment to see their voltage.
Finally got around to calling that one place, but they don’t open for another hour and a half....

Kinda off topic, but I took apart an old 18v dewalt battery that my master has, cells were not even close to the right physical size.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
Finally got around to calling that one place, but they don’t open for another hour and a half....

Kinda off topic, but I took apart an old 18v dewalt battery that my master has, cells were not even close to the right physical size.
They're open now!

21 - 40 of 45 Posts