Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had the local Spartan rep out to my house for the 3rd time. This time I wanted him to tune up my spartan 100. I bought the machine used and used it a couple of times and the cable kept on getting stuck in the drum. So he showed up and pulled all of the old cable out of the drum, removed the clutch and other components and the drum had about 1/4" of rust and the cable was screwed up. So he scraped out most of the rust, installed the new cable with the new clamp. Replaced a brass bushing in the front of the drum. Than I asked him if a Gorlitz self feed would work on my spartan 100, he said yes that Gorlitz copied Spartan and they were very similar. I scrounged around in my drain cleaning machines and found a self feed Gorlitz off of a GO68 that was neglected and abused when I purchased it. I took the self feed to him and he totally stripped it down cleaned the components and replaced worn parts. He than installed it on my Sparta 100 with a new bracket. It works awesome now. He charged me a couple of hours labor and it cost me like $675. But I think that is a bargain to get my machined serviced with a new 75' inner core cable and a rebuilt self feed. The new self feed cost about $550 and my cable was like $350 plus labor would have been easily over a grand. So I am happy and looking forward to doing some more drains. I charge a min of two hours or $200 for the first hour. So now I have two great machines a Spartan 100 and 300 in great working order.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts