Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

A view of London City Airport. The fifth-biggest airport ser...

Shortage Of Suitable Public Bathrooms Becomes Problem In Britain

London City Airport was briefly evacuated and flights grounded Friday due to fumes emanating from the toilets, police said.
The fifth-biggest airport serving the British capital, London City was closed from about 3:00 pm (1400 GMT) to 5:15pm (1615 GMT) after a "suspect substance" was discovered in the toilets, said an airport spokeswoman.
The airport was evacuated as a precautionary measure.
Police believe that an item left by a passenger in a bin was wrongly poured away down a toilet.
"Some people had suffered coughing and skin irritation," a spokesman for London' Metropolitan Police told AFP.
"It would appear that a liquid or substance was disposed of incorrectly. There are no signs of criminality." A spokeswoman for the airport, built in the 1980s in the derelict east London docklands, told AFP that passengers were ushered back into the terminal building following the all-clear from the emergency services. She said: "It was found in the toilets. We don't know what it is or how it got there."

Source

·
Registered
98 Posts
Dunbar,

up here there is a traditional food called eegoonuq.

only the older inuit eat it because they are the only ones left that can literally stomach it.

aged/rotten meat. in the old days this would have come from the summer meat cach.

sounds pretty bad going in don't it? it sure doesn't get any sweeter coming out the other end either.

a woman stunk the town office for 3 days i do recall. no word of a lie.

i honestly thought there was a broken sewer pipe.

there should be a bylaw put in place to prevent such public fragrant, sorry flagrent display of one's Stinky Human Intestinal Terds:blink:

Vince:)

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
Dunbar,

up here there is a traditional food called eegoonuq.

only the older inuit eat it because they are the only ones left that can literally stomach it.

aged/rotten meat. in the old days this would have come from the summer meat cach.

sounds pretty bad going in don't it? it sure doesn't get any sweeter coming out the other end either.

a woman stunk the town office for 3 days i do recall. no word of a lie.

i honestly thought there was a broken sewer pipe.

there should be a bylaw put in place to prevent such public fragrant, sorry flagrent display of one's Stinky Human Intestinal Terds:blink:

Vince:)
:laughing: I've heard a little bit about some of the Inuit diet...
I have no trouble believing the full aromatic effect of her deposit...

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh damn brain freeze that is SICK!

I know I've caught myself laying out bombs every now and then but it sounds like this lady could win wars with hers!

And for everyone's information:

The handy shop vac or quickly lighting the torch WILL NOT remove/cover the smell up.

·
Certified Lunatic
20,658 Posts
I have on several occasions while cleaning a nasty stankin main line dropped out a stanker that overpowered the stench from the main...:thumbup:

That's Power!

the customer comes down right after and comments on the stank...
I just say yea man it's pretty bad...
What the hell you been eating lately anyway...

Put it right back on him...
He who smelt it dealt it!:laughing:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Oh damn brain freeze that is SICK!

I know I've caught myself laying out bombs every now and then but it sounds like this lady could win wars with hers!

And for everyone's information:

The handy shop vac or quickly lighting the torch WILL NOT remove/cover the smell up.
the secetary was burning candles and spraying about every 15 minutes.:cry:

i love my people and our ways, but i'll tell you of all things that need a permit i think eating aged meat should be up there with burning off sour gas and installing hot water tanks.:laughing:

i think that it it the only smell that a polar bear would run from.:laughing:

i'd probably pee myself laughing watching people's reactions if the lady in question left that in the grocery store isle.:laughing::laughing:

Vince
i'm a sick, sick person. there are times that i gross myself out!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
we're pretty much in the same boat up here.

raw sewage is screened for debris. that's it.

the sewage in all of it's toxic glory is dumped into the hudson's bay.

our big brother is one of those "do as i say not as i do" outfits.

our gov't imposes all sorts of rules and regulations to reg people like us, then goes ahead and blatantly, in full public view breaks all the rules.

i've been know to stir it up a little. i think it's time i stirred it up a little.:yes:

Vince

the health people up here tested the fish for heavy metals. they say that pregnant women shouldn't eat anything from the salt water around here during their term. but it's okay for the rest of us to eat.:eek::blink:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts