Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) is a thermoplastic produced by chlorination of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin which is significantly more flexible and can withstand higher temperatures than standard PVC.[citation needed] Uses include hot and cold water pipes, and industrial liquid handling

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
And it loves sun light. Lol

·
Hydro Mechanic
615 Posts
I get being in earthquake country you have to have flexies on your h20 and gas, and tank strapped to wall. But why atmospheric vent over power vent. Both are both rigid right? Or does the atmospheric vent move or have some expansion joint or something?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts

What is the cpvc? I've never seen it here.
Chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) is a thermoplastic produced by chlorination of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resin which is significantly more flexible and can withstand higher temperatures than standard PVC.[citation needed] Uses include hot and cold water pipes, and industrial liquid handling

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Yeah, thanks...

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
Flyout, you still pouring lead up there?

We are seeing more and more CPVC residentially down here. I was putting it in some 15 plus years ago, in adaptable 4 families. Only real issue was conversion, make sure a CPVC male into a copper or brass female. Had to wait maybe an hour on the average to re-pressurize it. Now that they have factory made conversion fittings, even easier.

Just harder to get it looking good. less noise and heat transfer. More expansion though.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
This one started a riot about tees on vents..
Yeah I remember this one. I never said it wouldn't work but it wouldn't be allowed here not only because of the tee's but because it is flat vented. Here we can't turn a vent horizontal until it is 6" above the flood rim level of the fixture or group of fixtures it is serving. Still great looking work.

21 - 40 of 78 Posts