Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Professional Bullshioter
6,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and my printer is at a new building. He asks me if I want the tour. OK, I have a minute.

He takes me in the new bathroom and says one of his employees did all the plumbing.:furious:

He is no longer my printer. DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T SUPPORT YOUR TRADE.

I already called the inspector. Does this crap happen to you.

·
Former Moderator
9,817 Posts
I understand your frustration, even hurt feelings.

In these situations, I always think of the perfect thing to say afterwards.

Gee, Mr. Printer, I would have liked the opportunity to have been of service to you. After all, I have been supporting your business for (X) amount of time. I'm certainly glad all my customers don't do it themselves. If they did, I wouldn't have a business and I wouldn't need your printing services.

Unfortunately, most people don't think before they speak. Even if he couldn't afford a professional plumber, he could have offered to barter. At least it would have shown he was thinking of you.

We belong to NFIB which is an organization that supports small businesses. Our sales rep. called wanting a really cheap price :furious:. When we didn't want to do the job at handyman prices, he had a handyman install his shower valve. And his job is selling memberships to an organization that fights for the rights of small business owners. He no longer represents them.

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
and my printer is at a new building. He asks me if I want the tour. OK, I have a minute.

He takes me in the new bathroom and says one of his employees did all the plumbing.:furious:

He is no longer my printer. DON'T GIVE YOUR MONEY TO PEOPLE WHO DON'T SUPPORT YOUR TRADE.

It's been happening more lately. Everyone's _ing with everyone. But its a two edged sword and I stop doing business with people who mess with me, real or perceived.

·
Illinois Licensed Plumber
4,253 Posts

It happens to me, I too call the inspector. Do you know if the inspector find this guy for having plumbing done by an unlicensed guy and most likely no permits.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts