Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was under a house the other week and I hated it because if I forgot something me or my helper would havee to crawl back out and get it. I may try to make me a small box to which a rope could be tied on each end. When I go under I can drag a rope with me, then I can pull it in. If I need something else the helper outside can pull the rope and place it in the box so I can drag it back under. may be pretty cool tool!

·
Plumber Manhattan Beach
828 Posts
Interesting idea, just make sure it is low enough to get under the drains, and tall enought to make it worth while.

I just pick up a box at the supply house, and make it work on the job site. I drag it around, usually get it full of dirt, and just throw it out when I am done with the job

Let us know how it works. :thumbsup:

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am thinking about 16" long x 12" wide x 5-1/2 tall with a curved bottom so it will ride over any objects on both ends.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts

·
residential service
1,948 Posts
I have been using a simple mortar pan (about $10) to drag tools and supplies in for several years now but that thing looks very interesting. Are you saying it supports your body and if so how much of a body is it rated to support :whistling2:. In my case it would need to carry say, ... oh, ... in the neighborhood of around, ... roughly, ... more or less, ... approximately, 238 lbs. (depending on whether or not I ate breakfast). Very intresting.

·
J. McCabe Plumbing Inc.
409 Posts
This thing is awsome! My son works for me and he found this thing online after helping with several repipes under homes. I was kind of sceptical when he first bought it, but after trying it myself, I loved it.

I have bad knees and with the krawler my knees don't touch the ground and i can move around the crawl area with just my hands and forearms.

I weigh 210lbs and the Krawler could handle anyone up to...say...280.

Click on the link (more) in the picture to see more pictures of it.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When my son was 21 he was trying to get away from plumbers, along with carpenters, car wash people, grocery bagers, grass cutters, and anyone else associated with work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts