Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At what height do you guys rough sinks in at? In the kitchen I rough-in at 14.5" AFF and when i keep my 10" from the bottom of the sink bowls, i have to 45 down out of the trap to the rough in stub out. (i 45 down to it and meet it with another 45 in order to NOT S trap it which is not permissible in ky). . . But My point is, a 14.5" rough in for a KS doesn't sound really feasable when you already know the H/O isn't going to have a disposal. .

What's your opinion?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
At what height do you guys rough sinks in at? In the kitchen I rough-in at 14.5" AFF and when i keep my 10" from the bottom of the sink bowls, i have to 45 down out of the trap to the rough in stub out. (i 45 down to it and meet it with another 45 in order to NOT S trap it which is not permissible in ky). . . But My point is, a 14.5" rough in for a KS doesn't sound really feasable when you already know the H/O isn't going to have a disposal. .

What's your opinion?
We rough all kitchen sink wastes at 12" AFF. That is all three stub outs, not just the disposal stub.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We rough all kitchen sink wastes at 12" AFF. That is all three stub outs, not just the disposal stub.
That's crazy isn't it? Or I at least think so. . your trap would be on the floor to keep a horizontal trap arm. . . I'd rather use a wye (with the 45 inlet turned up, come out of the trap with another 45 and pipe down to the wye and then put a 1.5" bushing with a plug in the bottom of the wye for a c/o)

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
That's crazy isn't it? Or I at least think so. . your trap would be on the floor to keep a horizontal trap arm. . . I'd rather use a wye (with the 45 inlet turned up, come out of the trap with another 45 and pipe down to the wye and then put a 1.5" bushing with a plug in the bottom of the wye for a c/o)
Our code requires every fixture must have it's own vented trap.

·
waterheaterzone.com
2,043 Posts
I am not following this description, but it sounds illegal.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all our code states is no s traps or floor traps, so it's permissible. . .anyhow, how far are you guys allowed down from the bottom of the bowl to the dip in the trap?

·
LeMarr Plumbing, Inc.
772 Posts
The standpipe can only be 24'' but a laundry can be 48" in length.

I did my RI's at 19" AFF.

In Christ,

Song Dog

1 - 9 of 9 Posts