Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do have some questions and might as well ask

1) What year was it when the first plumbing license was issued?

2) What state was the first to offer a plumbing license or did the "plumbing license" start as a county thing?

Anyone know or into plumbing history?

·
Water Whisperer
3,627 Posts
I want to know about the first totally plumbed house: hot and cold running water and full sanitation.

I think it was built by a famous poet in NYC, but can't find written proof.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I want to know about the first totally plumbed house: hot and cold running water and full sanitation.

I think it was built by a famous poet in NYC, but can't find written proof.
There are some instances dating back to midieval times some of the castles had some versions of hot and cold running water (lead pipes) with flushing toilets. As per History channel.

·
WILLPLUMB4$
584 Posts
I do have some questions and might as well ask

1) What year was it when the first plumbing license was issued?

2) What state was the first to offer a plumbing license or did the "plumbing license" start as a county thing?

Anyone know or into plumbing history?
I don't know for sure, I would guess that it came as soon as the politicians/ kings or rulers of the time realized they could charge a fee--TAX such a thing. After all money is the mother of all invention right?:yes:

·
Registered
88 Posts
here in victoria oz you do a 4yr apprenticeship and 2yrs journeymens before you can get registered. you then need to work for an employer for another 2yrs after that as well as pass licencing exams to apply for a licence.

hence started 1989 registered 1996 licenced 1998

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
I think Kentucky started enforcing it around '92.

Thomas Crapper invented the first wash-down water closet. . . Hence the name "crap" haha.

Dang it's too early, I gotta meet up with the inspector today!

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
I think Kentucky started enforcing it around '92.

Thomas Crapper invented the first wash-down water closet. . . Hence the name "crap" haha.

Dang it's too early, I gotta meet up with the inspector today!

You missed out today; KAPHCC convention was in town, Talked with the PHCC president and Tim House both about trying to get something going with educational programs about backflow programs.

He's a great asset to the division of plumbing in the state of Kentucky.

·
Chase Plumber
289 Posts
Tim House is a very cool fellow, I have met him, and actually got a dip of skoal off of him when I took my journeyman's, hahaha.

Yea Dunbar, I got the little magazine in the mail and was gonna go to that dang thing, but was covered up. .

·
www.DunbarPlumbing.com
5,478 Posts
Tim House is a very cool fellow, I have met him, and actually got a dip of skoal off of him when I took my journeyman's, hahaha.

Yea Dunbar, I got the little magazine in the mail and was gonna go to that dang thing, but was covered up. .

That's him walking right toward's me at the end of the video.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The demise of the roman empire was due largely to lead poisoning, they used lead pipes to convey their water. The romans most likely had codes. Per my history readings

1 - 14 of 14 Posts