Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Ridgid tool user
4,909 Posts
This was posted on another forum I belong to and would like to get your thoughts.

I did side work when I worked for another company but I did it on my own time, own materials, and the boss knew about it.

·
Retired Moderator
6,781 Posts
I never really said anything much about it myself. just do not "Borrow" my tools, and never let me see you doing a job I bid on!

·
Banned
239 Posts
the guy i used to work for before i went on my own used to give me side jobs like water heaters and toilets because he didnt have time and the few hundred in profit he could care less about he was more concerened with me making a extra money.....

he even used to let me use the van im a honest person and he knew that....

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I do it occasionally, usually when my boss asked me to take a job off his hands because he doesn't want to do it, or for family. I did one a couple months ago for my father in law's best friend, but I didn't get paid in cash, I got this instead.

·
Registered
378 Posts
What's the dogs name?

My schnauzer was AKC registered for one year,but you have to pay yearly to keep them registered,so I bought him chew bones instead,he's happy.:laughing:

·
Registered
378 Posts
7,why don't you just get married :laughing:,or are you?I had my dog when I married my current wife and she didn't like the fact I let him sleep on the bed.Too bad,he was here first.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
7,why don't you just get married :laughing:,or are you?I had my dog when I married my current wife and she didn't like the fact I let him sleep on the bed.Too bad,he was here first.
I am married, two of the dogs belong to my wife. Of the other five three are hunting dogs that earn their keep.

·
Plumbing Contractor
972 Posts
Getting Paid

I did a job for a repeating customer of mine. They paid me the bill amount and than through in a bag of new white socks. :eek: (they sale socks on the internet)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts