Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That is a great heavy remodel plate! I keep 2 myself. Love the essence valve also !!

·
Registered
538 Posts
i like how the remodel plate has some shape to it and not just a flat piece of metal. looks classy.where do you purchase them from?

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These things come in waves. I won't do one for months and aside from this one, I have 3 more to do in the next two weeks.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I really like the look of that remodel plate. Are you sure those holes won't line up with a Delta?

Are they brass?

I've been using the Delta remodel plates when I change from 2 or 3 handle to single. They suck....plastic.

I'm not ready to go from Delta to WB on my shower valves, but I really do like the look of that plate.

·
Banned
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I really like the look of that remodel plate. Are you sure those holes won't line up with a Delta?

Are they brass?

I've been using the Delta remodel plates when I change from 2 or 3 handle to single. They suck....plastic.

I'm not ready to go from Delta to WB on my shower valves, but I really do like the look of that plate.
IM absolutely positive. Why not change? Customers can't shop you on a brand they can't get. I've been using WB for a long time and have had only a handful of issues that are ALWAYS resolved by my rep. Delta, while there are more style options, are so widely available, it's always a haggling contest when it comes to pricing. Not to mention the valve body is not made of much substance and they do not have interegal stops.
I get around $600-$700 to cut tile and install a valve with that remodel plate. Like I tell the customer, you won't have to replace tile or patch drywall.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I like the Delta shower valves, I don't really experience the hangle problems on fixtures. If the HO wants to save a few bucks at a box store and go get it. I have no problem with that, besides it's fun to tell them they got the wrong one.

Delta does offer the integral stops on their shower valves, I install them in hotels ,nursing homes and large multi-family jobs. The stops are nice but not nessasary for residential.

http://www.deltafaucet.com/bath/details/r10000-mfws.html

·
Registered
538 Posts
600-700 to cut tile and install a valve? that seems a little low especially for a wb valve..i get nearly 700 for a standard install with access panel...

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
That's a huge hole.......I'd prefer to cut the Sheetrock if the option is available. How does the faceplate not leak with only those two screws securing it? Seems if it had a way to secure it further out on the faceplate would make since.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Redwood said:
I get the big hole and the remodel plate...
I rarely use them....

What was on the other wall behind that valve?
I usually find a closet.... :whistling2:
I don't think he enlarged the hole. If you look close you can see chalk around the hole. I think his only choice was with a remodel plate.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts