Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is plumbing roughed in for a 2nd bathroom. There is room to put a tub in, but the drain is 17" from the studs on the short wall (where the 30" tub width would go) and 15" from the studs on the long wall (where the 60" side would go). This is frustrating because aren't most tub drains about 8"? I don't want to tile the shower and I don't want to break up the concrete to move the drain, but I may have to. Any suggestions? Aren't most shower pan drains either similar to the tub or in the center?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
There is plumbing roughed in for a 2nd bathroom. There is room to put a tub in, but the drain is 17" from the studs on the short wall (where the 30" tub width would go) and 15" from the studs on the long wall (where the 60" side would go). This is frustrating because aren't most tub drains about 8"? I don't want to tile the shower and I don't want to break up the concrete to move the drain, but I may have to. Any suggestions? Aren't most shower pan drains either similar to the tub or in the center?

queerly ur dowing it rong.......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Post some pictures
Here is a pic. A 30" x 60" tub would fit, but the drain doesn't line up. Building a platform would work, but then I feel that the tub would be too high. A 32" x 32" Alcove shower pan has the right dimensions. I may end up building a wall and going that route, but I really would like to put in a tub.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Here is a pic. A 30" x 60" tub would fit, but the drain doesn't line up. Building a platform would work, but then I feel that the tub would be too high. A 32" x 32" Alcove shower pan has the right dimensions. I may end up building a wall and going that route, but I really would like to put in a tub.
View attachment 126731

That's just a floor drain.

Reactions: MACPLUMB777

·
Registered
10,466 Posts
View attachment 126731
sucks to be you..thats gonna cost big time to fix...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts