Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

141 - 160 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts

Cat bite.....this was 9 days post bite. You can see where the Dr outlined the redness and swelling with black marker. The redness and swelling reversed like a miracle overnight. This was the day I quit being scared that I might lose my freakin hand. Those bite marks are deep....the larger bite Mark was a tear and it needed stitches but the bite was too dirty to stitch up.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I dumped all my galvanize fittings and now only use stainless......

Here’s a pic of a shipment I had just unboxed. I’m very happy with stainless and my customers lap it up like ice cream.......
You know, I debated switching from brass to stainless, I'm sure the management wouldn't have any of it though. It's a darn shame because stainless is the same price or better and it's a superior material most of the time.

I do like the look of brass once it's aged though. Also our water doesn't really harm brass.

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
Sewer replacement. The owner wanted his grass removed and reinstalled. We accommodated him and he compensated us snd then was so pleased he took me and my wife to the yacht club for dinner and gave me the keys to his condo at the beach for a weekend as a bonus. Really nice guy,pleasure to work for.
Quit blue-balling us and post the after pictures of the front yard! And pictures of the yacht's stewardess' front yard ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
That’s thin wall pvc sprinkler pipe someone used for a building main, it’s 30 years old and starting to fail. It just gets cracks in it at every point the pipe is under a strain. This is from an uneven excavated ditch and the pipe elevation is going up and down.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You know, I debated switching from brass to stainless, I'm sure the management wouldn't have any of it though. It's a darn shame because stainless is the same price or better and it's a superior material most of the time.

I do like the look of brass once it's aged though. Also our water doesn't really harm brass.
I tried going to stainless in place of brass never again,ever threaded fitting on stainless wanted to leak the threads are not cut deep enough, I went back to tried and true brass

·
Registered
4,752 Posts
I tried going to stainless in place of brass never again,ever threaded fitting on stainless wanted to leak the threads are not cut deep enough, I went back to tried and true brass
You're saying it wasn't because it was stainless, just that you weren't buying quality stuff.

I haven't used much stainless but what I have used hasn't given me any issues and has all been well made.

·
Super Moderator
7,994 Posts
Also depends of the moisture content in the ambient air and or location. In my home town back then it was super tough to install any stainless, it seized up so bad. at least 10% would have to be cut out and redone. This was in an industrial glue for particle board mill.

·
Registered
Plumbing Parts Manufacturing
125 Posts
stainless is the same price or better and it's a superior material
I'm not trying to argue but I'll say that this is not necessarily true. There are different grades of stainless (303, 304, 316, etc) and the quality depends on where it was manufactured. Years ago when I first took over ordering materials I tried to save some money on some stainless rod we were machining. The stuff was from Korea and showed up with rust on some edges. There were several spots that a magnet had a little drag on it. Needles to say I returned it and I've been careful with the quality ever since.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm not trying to argue but I'll say that this is not necessarily true. There are different grades of stainless (303, 304, 316, etc) and the quality depends on where it was manufactured. Years ago when I first took over ordering materials I tried to save some money on some stainless rod we were machining. The stuff was from Korea and showed up with rust on some edges. There were several spots that a magnet had a little drag on it. Needles to say I returned it and I've been careful with the quality ever since.
I use 316L but some 304. It’s imported but it meets standards and the distributer has certificates on file. You are exactly correct, you have to be careful what you buy.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I buy my stainless from “ piping now “ out of New Orleans., I just order it online. If you buy a lot call them first snd negotiate an amount that would get you free shipping.

·
Registered
9,559 Posts
View attachment 126926
Cat bite.....this was 9 days post bite. You can see where the Dr outlined the redness and swelling with black marker. The redness and swelling reversed like a miracle overnight. This was the day I quit being scared that I might lose my freakin hand. Those bite marks are deep....the larger bite Mark was a tear and it needed stitches but the bite was too dirty to stitch up.
you have to be careful, some of those puzzies out there are vicous and have teeth..and you have to watch out for cats too.....

141 - 160 of 169 Posts