·
Registered
1,404 Posts
If you change out a MOEN you can get a stainless steel repair plate to
go around it, you can also get what are called SMITTY repair plates
for both single handle valves, and two, or three handles :biggrin:

I have used these many times over the years ! :biggrin:
Those Smitty plates are ugly.

The new ones that Moen has come out with completely replace the round cover plate in the trim kit so you don't have to have a round plate on top of an oval plate. They are much nicer to look at.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Installing a double clean out tomorrow, or as the Canadians call it a banana clean out. As us two 48 year old white guys are digging it out some guy was walking by and could see our pain. He offered up some advice, “why don’t you get some ******** to dig that hole for you guys?” It’s nice to see racism is still alive and well.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
......He offered up some advice, “why don’t you get some ******** to dig that hole for you guys?” It’s nice to see racism is still alive and well.

And clearly still stupid. Wet backs come from cuba, last I checked you're in california not florida! :vs_laugh:

You guys have cholos right? And *******!

Reactions: Debo22

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
@Debo22

Dude, the movie "A million to juan" is great.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
They call them wet backs here from crossing the Rio Grande

That's still stupid since most illegal immigration into california comes through checkpoints on dry land.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
In that video the first thing the immigration officer calls them is “mojados” which means wet

Yeah, I caught that, I know what cuidado piso mojado means.

Still stupid.

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Here’s the underground finished project. Had to offset the risers with 22 1/2”s to get them in the planter. Time to backfill.

Why would you bury abs? That's legal? Did you backfill with sand or just the spoils?

Reactions: sparky

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
that musta been a pita working in that little hole...unless you hung your helper by the ankles face down to work....:vs_laugh:
He’s bigger than me, we took turns digging as it got deeper. Had to be careful because Digalert painted red right through the middle of the trench indicating electrical. I guess they mixed up electrical and the copper water line running across.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
He’s bigger than me, we took turns digging as it got deeper. Had to be careful because Digalert painted red right through the middle of the trench indicating electrical. I guess they mixed up electrical and the copper water line running across.

Yeah, I do all the tracking at our shop. Ask me how overjoyed I am that plumbing is used as a ground......:vs_mad:

·
Registered
6,500 Posts
Recently got a set of 1/2-13 N. C. for the 811a.

They meant plumbing work, good job though. Should post it in the off topic/community thread.

For what it's worth, fine thread taps and dies are easier to use/harder to break since they remove less material and they make stronger threaded connections. I usually use coarse thread stuff but that's because I get most of it for free. In a case like this where you're probably buying the rod anyway pick up some fine thread nuts and make things easier for yourself.

21 - 40 of 259 Posts