Plumbing Zone - Professional Plumbers Forum banner

241 - 258 of 258 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Well son of a beach!!!! I didn't notice that when I took the pic!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts

I propress plenty of stuff. I soldered in this new hosebibb and shut off but propressed in the new water filter below it.

A couple weeks ago I soldered in this new cuno filter.

It all depends on the situation.
That hosebibb one doesn't make sense until you learn I only soldered the back side of that valve while in the stud bay, the rest of those solder joints I did on the ground safey away from the foam. I don't use a female adapter because those threads on the back of those prier hosebibbs are garbage, they have flat crests and don't seal well.

·
Super Moderator
9,022 Posts
Got it from a retired plumber. I also bought from him an almost brand new angle drill and bits. We'd regularly had half the size of this roll on jobsites when I used to work commercial and tall buildings.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I changed a hosebibb and shut off the other day.

I noticed the guy who put the faucet in cut the delta supply lines!!!! He even used white teflon tape to make it more betterer.

View attachment 129434 View attachment 129435
Do not ever cut off the prickhead on a condo or high rise. Water pressure can vary greatly depending on where you are in the zone. I have seen +90 psi on the low side of a zone. I have heard that other plumbers had the pex line pulled out of the plastic compression sleeves due to high water pressure. Delta used to provided the plastic compression sleeves with their faucets, but now I don't see them anymore
Liability!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
.........pulled out of the plastic compression sleeves due to high water pressure. .........
You're about a month late to the party lolz. We had a guy on here, he was very.....adamant.....that we all had our heads up our arses because we were saying the same thing, never cut off the factory ends on the delta supply lines.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
It isn’t uncommon for me to go through 1 to 2 rolls per day if I’m doing a lot of 3” and 4” pipe.
You must be in chicago/philly/union territory.

When are you doing 4" copper? I do almost exclusively service work so using as much solder as I do is still pretty impressive.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Boston, Ma. The 4” copper I do it usually on boiler installs.
Of course. We used to do 3" copper headers, bigger than that we'd have it welded.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
I thought of @Debo22 when I fixed this today.

One day I will find a bad solder joint at this house, and it will have a sticker in it.

241 - 258 of 258 Posts